CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Best shaft for hybrid clubs

I have a couple of TM Rescue mids and was wondering what shafts are best for type of clubs. I prefer a higher launch for a soft landing.

Thanks
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    Got good results with True Temper Crossfire (approximately $20/each) as replacements on Nikes hybrids. They came with a regular flex graphite shaft, but they lacked precision. I decided to revert back to steel. It worked at reducing dispersion and an kept a very consistant distance... marginally longer that the original grahite.
    I tested the same shafts on Jazz hybrids... and got very poor results, I am jot getting the same headspeed and ball flight.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    UST Irod. Lower kick and tight dispersion.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

9 Iron chieflabattblue is on a distinguished road

Higher lauch and soft launding

Check out the Pro Launch HY by Grafalloy..( Hybrid shaft for Hybrids). Golfworks carries the shaft I know...Great Feel and results when I switched to that shaft....most definitely increase your launch for a str8ter ball flight and a super soft landing.

Just a suggestion in interested.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yes, I looked at that one, I picked up the NV hybrid HL shaft off Ebay but I still need another, I am looking for the higher launch so that shaft is a good suggestion.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Putter NiftyNiblick is on a distinguished road NiftyNiblick's Avatar
    Fujikura Banzai works well in my Fli-Hi driving iron.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Anyone try the Accra Tour Series HF? I have the driver shaft and love it, thinking about putting one in my 3 wood.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I was going to suggest the Graffaloy HY for a graphite shaft, I hit it a few times at the range when I was looking to reshaft a certain rescue club I once owned. Definitely a stable (I don't know how else to describe it) shaft that seemed to promote a higher launch. Ended up trading the club and going to a 7 wood (which had a great Aldila shaft), but am now back with a hybrid with a steel shaft which I much prefer. It's a stock Hogan shaft, but I find it gives me a much tighter dispersion than the MAS graphite shaft on my old TM. Probably a big factor is that the steel shaft is shorter, but it just feels better overall for my swing.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Depending on the tip size a wood shaft could also be considered. Higher ball flight. I have heard of people using that technique in their long irons as well with success i.e easier to hit.

2 Iron SkinDawg is on a distinguished road
    You cant go wrong with the HY. I use one in my hybrid, and in a price comparison to the nv it is a no brainer. Plus your gettin a low-soft kickpoint shaft with 2.4 degrees of torque. Stat wise it matches the nv at half the price.

Out of Bounds buckylasek is on a distinguished road buckylasek's Avatar
    The best one is the fujikura Speeder 904, i tried Irod but didnt like the weight, and i play heavy shafts mainly.

Anyone ever try the Royal precision Saber Hyrid shaft? SPecs and price look good.

The specs on the Pro Launch HY look pretty good, for those of you who play tis shaft does it have the boardy feeling like the Blue or even normal Pro Launch? Do they play realy stiif as well?

Ace shovellover is on a distinguished road shovellover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas
    I have a couple of TM Rescue mids and was wondering what shafts are best for type of clubs. I prefer a higher launch for a soft landing.

Thanks
    Any graphite shaft with a low kick & mid torque will probably do it. The prolaunch HY should fit the high launch/soft landing bill.

I'm curious about the rifle hybrid offering. I might give that a try if i can't find a rippin' deal on a fuji banzai.

Thread Information