CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    I was very casual in 1996, then I moved to Ottawa, bought a set of TA4's and the rest is history.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I started playing golf back in June of 1982, I remember that because I started playing one month after I got married And yes I am still married, happily too
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeany
    was really good when i was young..loosing it a bit now...almost beat Eric Kaufmanis when i was young
    bye
    I recall Eric winning the City and District 2 or 3 years in a row starting when he was 14 or 15 years. He was one of the best golfers this area has ever seen and an amazing putter, with that old Bullseye and the wristless, pop stroke.

Anyone know where he is now?

bbad
    started playing at age of 3, so 33 years...My dad put clubs in my hands and skates on my feet and told me NOT to do the two at the same time.

3 Wood THUNDAH is on a distinguished road
    Really got into golf 8 years ago at age 42. Got my wife involved at the same time with the two kids. Sure wish I had started at a younger age, but I'm sure I would of missed out on a lot of things. Now I'm so much into golf I get to thinking that maybe I am missing out on other things, then I come to my senses. At a 100 plus rounds a year, I'm catching up on lost time.
    He who hits last, walks alone

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    Started playing golf after I sank my sailboat. Never recovered from the loss. Before that, it was an office party on the annual outing. That was ten years ago...
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I started playing in 1961 and I've enjoyed the game each and every year thereafter. Of course, some years have been more gratifying than others, but each has been special in its own way. There is no game that compares to this good walk unspoiled. On this subject, Mark Twain didn't know what he was speaking about.

2 Iron KenB is on a distinguished road KenB's Avatar
    Bought a cheap driver when I turned 40 in 2000. Started going to the range to quite smoking, banging balls releived the stress. Stayed at the range for 2 years before going to a course and now I'm addicted...

Andru
    summer of y2k.

6 seasons. Though the first one doesn't really count.

Lob Wedge duffer69 is on a distinguished road
    Started around '90 in a company tournament/drinkfest and continued for a couple of years going out once or twice in the same event(s). Took it up casually after that and has been picking up ever since. Finally bought some decent clubs 3 years ago and started actually trying to play well.

First year as a member this year. Still trying to break 80 this year (it's not over yet!!!). I've HAD 80 and 81, etc. a few times, but it's tough to knock off that extra stroke or two.

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    I played nine holes in about 1975, but my next round was in 4th year university - so, fall of 1981 - 24 years.

I never get more than about 15 rounds in a year - and a couple trips to the range.

We bought clubs for the kids last year. I take them to the school yard, where I work on my 60* wedge on the soccer field. My son (8 years old) got two (par 3) rounds in this year, and my daughter (10) got 1. Next year, here we come. I hope.

Lob Wedge Colin is on a distinguished road
    What was it about Aug last year? That's when I started too (at 42). I'm hooked now - better than sliced?!

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    My father got me started in 1982. I've been an avid golfer ever since!

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    I followed my family around a course when I was 6 at Lombardi at Smith Falls. I remember seeing a big brown rabbit (funny, those specific visuals stick for a long time).

Played my first game to try out for the high school team (I was really just out to skip a a day of school)...not sure if that payed off, it was more humbling playing golf. Although I remember making a great 5 iron shot that landed 6 inches beside the cup...I forget the other 100 + shots.

Hacked it around through university with a terrible set of clubs and a swing to match.

Took the game up regularly at age 24, gave it up at 27 in total frustration. Took 2 years off.

Returned to ride the horse at age 29. Took lessons regularly and focused more.

Can't say my game has improved that much, but I enjoy it a lot more now. Since I'm 36, I guess thats 12 years of golf...looking forward to many more.

Hope to see a big brown rabbit my last day of golf.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar

A long time

my grandfather put a club in my hand at the range when i was 5.
    im now 20 and adicted to golf, in those 15 years ive gone through 6 sets of irons, too many dirvers and woods to remember, and about 9 putters. haha... its paid off though single diget cap baby

Thread Information