CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar

Any new Titleist equipment?

Does anyone know if Titleist is planning on bringing out anything new over the off season (besides the new 704 irons). I know Taylor made will be comming out with two new r7's. One a 420 model and a 460 model. I think they are both only having two movable weights but not 100% on that. Callaway has new stuff including a 3 ball putter. http://www.torontogolfnuts.com/showthread.php?t=3522. Anyway just was hoping for a new titleist driver?

Andru
    Titleist has a new 460 cc driver coming out.

Is there anywhere I can read about it or see pics?

9 Iron westbeach is on a distinguished road
    NO pics yet but it'll be called the 905R or 905Z. It will not have the traditional pear shape look to it. It's much more rounded.

jhazelton

Not 460cc

It doesn't appear the 905Z is 460cc and from what I have read, the pros that have tried it have not been too impressed. The 905R may be 460cc.

Do you guys think the 905T was a success of a failure?

jhazelton
    It certainly is a success in my mind, and ocassionally in my hands.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    i think the 905T was just a filler driver in Titleist's minds. Just like they thought the 975LE was.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    It's hard to say if was a sucess or not. Titleist has a different market and seems to be fine with that. You will usually find lower handicappers and people who like traditional clubs playing Titleist, higher handicappers and average golfers want flashing looking stuff that make them feel as if they can't miss. Titleist doesn't seem to do as much advertising as others, except those stupid NXT commercials, and they don't go after and offer the big contracts either. Have you ever noticed that almost every pro when they first came onto the scene and had to pay for there own clubs, played Titleist. Then they get the big contracts from Nike or Cally and TM. The 905 has been on tour for a few years now and with sucess, IMO its the best driver I've used, it looks good at address and has great feel. Is it as popular as the G2 or an R7.......no it doesn't appeal to high handicappers who are usually middle aged business men with money who will buy anything to not look stupid at the next company tourny!

By the way thanks for the info on the R and Z, I can't wait to see the specs on the finished product.

Just found out that the new one is 450CC which is huge foe a Titleist driver, hopefully they will match the shafts better with the new driver, because the old one just didn't feel right to me with the stock shafts.

Read in golfworld today that Davis Love is hitting a Titleist 905R which is 455 CC. Should be interesting. Great post dbleber on the success of the T. I would have to agree. For me I have had every Titleist driver since the D. I have loved everyone, and every year when the new one comes out I have upgraded. Look forward to seeing the new models. If anyone stubbles onto some pics please post them. cheers!

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    commercials, and they don't go after and offer the big contracts either. Have you ever noticed that almost every pro when they first came onto the scene and had to pay for there own clubs, played Titleist. Then they get the big contracts from Nike or Cally and TM. The 905 has been on tour for a few years now and with sucess, IMO its the best driver I've used, it looks good at address and has great feel. Is it as popular as the G2 or an R7.......no it doesn't appeal to high handicappers who are usually middle aged business men with money who will buy anything to not look stupid at the next company tourny!
    That's completely false the most popular drive on tour is the R7 buy a long shot. Just as the ProV1 is the most popular golf ball. You have to remember. There's no one on tour that HAS to buy their own clubs. You make it to the PGA tour. The only thing keeping you from a club contract is yourself.

The headcover doesn't tell you anything about what's under the hood. Saw lot's of guys with titleist, callaway, nike and cleveland headcovers only to see them pull an R7.

Don't know about all that stuff, bt I do know that when guys first come onto the scene they are usually sporting Titleist equipement....Take Tiger, Sergio and Phil just to name a few of the big boys.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    Don't know about all that stuff, bt I do know that when guys first come onto the scene they are usually sporting Titleist equipement....Take Tiger, Sergio and Phil just to name a few of the big boys.
    That's true. I won't debate that. I have titleist gear and I'm really happy with it. But I got it for 2 reasons. MY irons. I was fitted at my local golf club outdoor off grass tees. You can't beat that. and the Driver I stumbled on a demo day got a chance to get fitted using the Launch Monitor. Hard to say no when you see the ball fly off your club like that.

Had my pro carried pings and had I stumbled on a ping demo day I'd probably be playing pings. right now.

Titleist stuff just seems to have its own market was my major point. It also seems like you either love it or you don't. I'm like that with Ping and Cally...they just look to weird.

Agreed.. you need something that fits the eye. I couldn't see myself ever hitting a Callaway Club.. and maybe because they are game improving irons. I think Titleist slogan says it all... Serious clubs for serious players.. (at least I think thats right LOL)

I am actually in the middle of dealing with Titleist to try and get a rainhood for my carry bag since mine is gone and they use this as their slogan at the end of their emails:

Titleist...Golf's Symbol of Excellence.
    Just some useless FYI!

For all you equipement freaks or Titleist guys, here is a sweet pic of the new Titleist 503U hybrid!!! Since the 503H IMO was a complete flop, they have turned around and made a great looking hybrid. Can't wait to give this a try and the new 905R. Both by the way are coming out this spring.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/upload...1124512839.jpg

Me too dbleber can't wait

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    put me in there too, I'm thinking in keeping with my cheapskate-edness, I'll be getting a 905t just in time for the replacement.

Did you see the one CDELA was selling? Can't get much cheaper then that even with the new one coming out, hell 983's almost go that price!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    They'll take a drop in April, 2005.

Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    Just to back up a bit. I do agree with you Dbleber about the type of people who play Titleist Clubs. Their drivers do not really appeal to the high handicappers. IMO the tear drop shape could be a bit intimidating to the high handicapper. The Titleist drivers are much smaller and they have traditionally kept the same size. Until now. The other thing I believe is that if you are not a low handicapper and cannot hit the sweet spot consistently Titleist drivers will tear your confidence up. The latest driver I have is the 983K and if I am a bit of the toe I lose a lot of distance. If I hit my friends R7 a bit of centre then I do not lose that much yardage.
    Last edited by beefstuf; 11-15-2005 at 10:33 AM.

Thread Information