CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Anybody have any input on these balls

Seeing how well the XL 2000 performs for me I was thinking of trying some other two piece balls that are oriented more towards spin. I know the new Top-Flite Z-Balata is the same as the XL 2000 E.S. but was looking at perhaps the Noodle Rotini, Loco Bite, Pinnacle Exception. Tried the NXT Tour and did not find it performed the way I wanted. If you have others that are comparable in price feel free to post your findings. Basically I find I can get the XL 2000 to hop and stop quite quickly and that is what I am looking for. I don't pretend to spin the ball back 10-12 ft so I don't feel I need to spend the extra cash on the premium balls. All info will be appreciated.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    What about the xl 3000 super spin?

Thought about those and the Top-Flite Infinity Ideal Spin as well but figure they will perform similar. Just wanted input on other brands other than Top-Flite.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I like the Maxfli A10 Solids you can get at GolfTown. They're a two piece ball, not the same as the old three piece A10 which was a tour level ball. I find they're pretty soft for a two piece, and give you good feel around the green. I much prefer them to the Z-Balata/XL2000 ES, but that's just me. I also find they compare niceley to the DT So/Lo.

You can get them for under $20 quite often, $17.50 last time I was there.

Softness and feel to me is a matter of opinion of the golfer. Appreciate the heads up on the 10s. Have seen them at GT and contemplated them. But really looking for feed back on how these balls perform on approach shots into greens. I don't want a ball that will hit and run off the back of the green. I know that has alot to do with how well you strike the ball. I do get ballls to check or hop and stop so I am looking for feedback on how the balls react.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I guess 'feel' to me is a matter of being able to hit the ball and know what it's going to do on and around the green. With the A10, I know if I hit it in a way appropriate to the shot, it is not going to run off or over the green. I have a much better 'feel' with it than the Top Flites, which I find I can't get to stop as easily or give proper weight on putts. The A10, for me, will check or stop better than almost any other two piece ball I've tried, including the DT So/Lo. The Laddie has been a good ball for me this way as well, but I don't find it as durable.

My one caveat is that I have a sneaking suspicion the A10 Solid is a Noodle in disguise.

Lob Wedge TheNextTiger is on a distinguished road
    I've been using DT Solo's, HVC Soft Feel's and HP Tour SF's for quite some time now...they're all pretty similar and retail at a good price...I find they give you good distance off tee, are quite durable with a nice feel, and I can get them to hop back a foot or so with the wedges. I highly recommend all of them. I also have a high opinion of Noodles and Laddies, I just prefer the Titleist balls.

Thread Information