100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Apollo Ballistik steel vs TT Dynalites?

I'm thinking of getting some new irons, and I would have a choice between Apollo Ballistik or True Temper Dynalite steel shafts. I haven't tried either - although I've heard that the Callaway uniflex steel shafts are a variation of the Dynalites made for Callaway by True Temper.

Anyone try these and can offer any comments?
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Terry. I have played with both. If an experienced clubmaker puts them up then you are good. The dynalite are not weight sorted nor frequency matched and they are stepped shafts. Sometimes you'll get a warped one so your club maker should hand pick them(roll them on a flat surface to check straightness). The old Apollo were better than the new ones and are are not frequency matched either. If you are in the market for new raw stepless shafts frequency matched and spined( that is if you believe in spining steel shafts) for less than 8 bucks each send me a pm and I'll tell you where to get them.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I play with Dynalite Golds and they have a great fell. The kick point is low so they tend to give you a higher ball flight, if this is not a big deal then I would go for them since they really do have a nice feel. The only thing I noticed with the ones I have is that they play softer then expected I had to go to X100 but they fell the same as S300 in the Dynamics.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    I play with Dynalite Golds and they have a great fell. The kick point is low so they tend to give you a higher ball flight, if this is not a big deal then I would go for them since they really do have a nice feel. The only thing I noticed with the ones I have is that they play softer then expected I had to go to X100 but they fell the same as S300 in the Dynamics.
    Most probably because the Dynalite have a lower bend point than the Dynamics. Weight also has something to do with the feel. The dynamics weigh 129 grams raw while the Dynalites weigh 120 in the r/s flex.

Thread Information