100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar

Avery..What an idiot!

Check out the comments from this thunder head! I am sort of in the middle on the the Roenick hit. I do think in pre season you don't steam roll guys but at the same time you shouldn't be allowed to run around with your head down. Either way this guys comments are way out of line.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...55&hubName=nhl

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Needless to say Avery has been labeled

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    While I'm no big fan of what Avery says, it is kind of amusing... I remember his comments about mediocre Europeans taking jobs... Yeah, from bums like him, making him worse than mediocre I believe...

Avery and Roenick on the same team is going to be fun for the LA Kings' 10 fans. Won't be any shortage of soundbytes...

As for the hit itself, it's either clean or it isn't. It can't be both. I find the "no hard contact" unwritten rule to be just as stupid as the "no hitting wandering goalies" one. You want to have no hits in pre-season? Petition your friggin union Roenick! They owe you one!!!

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee
    Needless to say Avery has been labeled

i like it

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    Great comments, so true! I wish he would have included Brisebois in his comments!

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dasnutz
    Great comments, so true! I wish he would have included Brisebois in his comments!

Really? You think his comments were great?
    I do like a guy who doesn't just spew out the cliched answers typical of pro athletes, but I think he could have left out the reference to French players and just directed his comments the "visor wearing wimps" foolishly protecting their eyesight.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Wait till André Roy gets this jerk (Avery) in a one on one fight. We will see who the wimp is..... HaHaHa....

Or maybe Georges Laracque will get him first...

What I like is that a couple of hours later he apoligize for his comments.

We will see what happens.

Chambo

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl
    What I like is that a couple of hours later he apoligize for his comments.

Chambo
    Too much. You can be pretty sure he was told to "apologize" for his moronic remarks rather than having done it of his own volition.
    L.A. is playing Dallas tonight, hopefully Chris Therien heard Avery's comments.

Therien might be big, but he is not a fighter AT ALL... The biggest knock on him is that he doesn't use his size at all. Avery would probably beat him. Avery's not a wimp, not by any stretch...

Besides which, Therien plays for Philly....

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Therien might be big, but he is not a fighter AT ALL... The biggest knock on him is that he doesn't use his size at all. Avery would probably beat him. Avery's not a wimp, not by any stretch...

Besides which, Therien plays for Philly....

Dan

I've heard that same knock against Therien as well, too bad he's not more aggressive, the guy is a behemoth. Just due to sheer size I would give Therien a fair chance against Avery, but you're right Avery may be a big-mouth, but he's no patsy.
    I thought Therien had been traded to Dallas, must have been thinking of someone else. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    I've heard that same knock against Therien as well, too bad he's not more aggressive, the guy is a behemoth. Just due to sheer size I would give Therien a fair chance against Avery, but you're right Avery may be a big-mouth, but he's no patsy.
    I thought Therien had been traded to Dallas, must have been thinking of someone else. My bad.
    Therien was traded to Dallas, but Philly re-acquired him via unrestricted free agency this past offseason.

Maybe Junior Lessard could get Avery...LOL....

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Maybe Junior Lessard could get Avery...LOL....

Dan

Pride & joy of St Joseph de Beauce! In fact he's so infamous, I had to look the guy up on the players list...and what a find! Firey red hair and all...Avery better keep his head up!

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    If any French tough guy wants to give Avery a piece of his mind, I would put bets on Andre Roy. He's no patsy either.

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    If any French tough guy wants to give Avery a piece of his mind, I would put bets on Andre Roy. He's no patsy either.
    He's suspended already...lol... That guy was/is hilarious... Met him at Barrymore's one night, man is he huge.

Dan

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    what a piece of work Roy is!! In the new NHL where the rules are strictly enforced, he motions the cut throat to another player twice from center ice!!!

Big Georges Laracque is on SportsNet asking who is Sean Avery.... Believe me, he knows exactly who Avery is.... lol

Chambo

Actually Roy gave the cut throat gesture 3 times toward Robin Gomez. I don't know what Gomez did but he probably hope that this will help him make the NHL team.

Sorry Gomez, you will be back in the minors this year.

Chambo

Gomez didn't do anything except fight Roy twice... From what I saw, Roy kicked his ass... The cut-throat thing is just a hotdog thing...

Gomez is lucky he's going back to the minors from what I can tell... Maybe he can beat up a boy.

Dan

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    Really? You think his comments were great?
    I do like a guy who doesn't just spew out the cliched answers typical of pro athletes, but I think he could have left out the reference to French players and just directed his comments the "visor wearing wimps" foolishly protecting their eyesight.
    Well although the visor doesn't prevent everything, I always wear mine and anytime something hits it, I'm glad I'm wearing it. And yes, I'm French Canadian...

Could have saved Sundin last night...
    nice_lag
    Almonte

And Phillipe Boucher (DAL) steps in on behalf of the French community...

"I have probably more metal plates in my face than he has goals. That's why I wear a visor." - Stars D Philippe Boucher responds to Sean Avery's anti-French words
    Metal plate in his head, huh? With linguistic talents like that, I'm not surprised... And no, I'm not anti-French at all, in fact my wife is French. Just seems like in any language that's just a stupid thing to say (especially for a player who is as much of a floater as Boucher).

Dan

Thread Information