CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Ah, so context has nothing to do with it... Okay....

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    You made the claim that you don't insult people. This discussion is closed and that's your final warning.

Back to the helmet / anthem please.

Barnie
    I was actually making more of a point than just saying this thread and other's that cause controversy make you money. I'm actually surprised you responded to it considering the topic It was more of a rhetorical question. The more traffic your site generates the more money you make which is plainly evident in your featured courses pricing. The advertising dollar you make is massive compared to most sites I would think. So to tell me these threads which get people on your site consistently though the day talking on your forum makes you no money? I have to disagree with that statement.. Just my opinion anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Also... Our Ad rates are low, and annual. They are not directly tied to traffic, and our traffic is huge, so the benefit of this approach is to our advertisers.

So the answer to your question is $0. Sorry if that does not validate your imagination.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    The extra 1200 views makes absolutely no difference to my revenues. You don't have to believe me.

Traffic is a good thing. "These threads" (refering to flame war threads) are not a good thing and are definately not wanted here. I am mystified by your contention "Kilbank must love it. " Since you have been here since April 2003 you definately should know that's not true.

I have been running this site for many years and I have had MANY conversations with other forum owners. Flame wars & trolls push away FAR more visitors than they attract. A LOT of people will refrain from posting when they know they will be attacked and ripped to shreads. Some will jump in and attack the troll, and the flames get fanned. Again you do not have to accept that as a fact. It is just "my opinion".

Some sites wish to accommodate the more disruptive members rather than risk losing membership at the expense of maintaining order. It's a lot more effort to monitor and moderate the forums than to ignore them and let them run wild.
    The advertising dollar you make is massive compared to most sites I would think.
    I think you are wrong, but hey it's your "opinion". I am curious as to what you know that I do not. It sounds like you have a problem with OttawaGolf being a business. I am not sure why that would be.

Anyway, if you want to imagine that I am rolling in dough that's fine. Can I come over and live in your dream world?

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    I have been running this site for many years and I have had MANY conversations with other forum owners. Flame wars & trolls push away FAR more visitors than they attract. A LOT of people will refrain from posting when they know they will be attacked and ripped to shreads. Some will jump in and attack the troll, and the flames get fanned. Again you do not have to accept that as a fact. It is just "my opinion".
    Well said, Dan. Quality is more important than quantity. Stay on the high road.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Not to stir the pot again but...

I was at the Sens/Habs game Saturday night and noted two things:

(1) The PA announcer requested everyone to "rise and remove their hat" for the signing of the national anthem.

(2) Only one player on either team (on the ice and in the players' benches) out of 40 did not remove his headgear for the playing of the anthem. That player stood with his hands clasped behind his back at the hash marks in front of the Senators net looking upward at the flags (US and CDN as NHL teams are based in US and Canadian cities).

Quote Originally Posted by powerlefty
    Not to stir the pot again but...

I was at the Sens/Habs game Saturday night and noted two things:

(1) The PA announcer requested everyone to "rise and remove their hat" for the signing of the national anthem.

(2) Only one player on either team (on the ice and in the players' benches) out of 40 did not remove his headgear for the playing of the anthem. That player stood with his hands clasped behind his back at the hash marks in front of the Senators net looking upward at the flags (US and CDN as NHL teams are based in US and Canadian cities).
    Good thing there is a marked difference between "hat" and "helmet" then, huh? Hasek is the man!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Good thing there is a marked difference between "hat" and "helmet" then, huh? Hasek is the man!

Dan
    I would hope he is. Unfortunately he gave me litlle to be optimistic about on Saturday night and looked more like a Lalime clone. Granted, he did not get outstanding support form those in front of him and it is pre-season. Hopefully once the post-season (I don't even care about the season so long as they make the playoffs in the upper half of teh conference) starts we will see that this is a worthwhile gamble.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Wow!! I'm gone for a week and I miss another heated thread.

I'm kinda surprised that this whole thing pissed some people off.

As far as I'm concerned, if players want to show off their noggin during the anthem it's their choice. Do any of you take off your hat when you are sitting at home and listen to it on TV??

Most of these players aren't even from the same country that the game is being played. However, most fans are. They (the fans) are requested, not required to remove their hats during the anthem.

So, with that in mind, who really gives a crap??

BareNaked Ladies = Disrespect to anthem

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    BareNaked Ladies = Disrespect to anthem
    Did they wear hats? I know the way they sang the anthem conjured up images (I was in another room and did not see the TV) of how many US "stars" (Carl Lewis for example) put their own awful stamp on the Star Spangled Banner. Based on what I heard, I agree with you.

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    what a wonderful rendition of O Canada
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    It sounded like crap, no question about it!

Thread Information