100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: September Blahs

Hybrid oldmaninblack is on a distinguished road

September Blahs

jvincent mentioned the "September Blahs" in another thread.

What is it with this time of year? Seems to happen to me every year as the season winds down.

This year June was my best month with 4 sub-80 rounds (no mulligans, all putts finished, played as-it-lies )

September ... 6 balls in the water at Emerald Links on Tuesday ... 29 putts for a 90 ... why is it the short game and the driver can't be good at the same time?

9.6 handicap on Sept 1 ... 10.6 today and my last sub-80 round will drop off the handicap chart with my next round.

p.s. Don't be too quick to call someone a sandbagger. I've been accused ... my best round ever was in the OVGA "B" class a few years ago ... I conccentrate better in tournament rounds ... I could easily shoot a 72 or a 92 tomorrow

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmaninblack
    What is it with this time of year? Seems to happen to me every year as the season winds down.
    Maybe golf is a little like wrestling an alligator. Slack off just a little bit and he will bite your ***** off.(literally) Golfers must do something to motivate themselves to continue to try to improve. Now that most tournaments are over, it is time to start working on your 2006 swing. Figure out where your weakness are and start the journey.

As soon as the club championship was over in late August, I began working on keeping my left arm straight on the backswing which shortens it, and after I complete the preset start to my backswing, I am trying to maintain the feeling of fully kocked wrists, right through to the finish. Usually it takes the fall season and winter practice to accomplish an adjustment like this, however, in just a month, it's working and I am playing the best golf of the season right now. If it continues, I have two more changes that I want to achieve and I will do this indoors.

It is easy to stop trying to get better as course conditions sometimes regress, weather gets colder and the 3 layers of clothing get in the way, but one must persevere. For every day that you don't work on getting better,it takes one more day fpr you to become the best you can be. Of course, you all probably have more important things to do than an aging retired type, who has a little more available time to work on his game than most.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    Of course, you all probably have more important things to do than an aging retired type, who has a little more available time to work on his game than most.
    I was reading your post and was formulating my "easy for you to say, you're retired post" but you said it for me.

Now that the sun is gone very early, I'm down to one round a week, so the golf game naturally suffers.

I blame the kids/job/house/food.

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent
    I blame the kids/job/house/food.

I blame your kids, your job, your house and your food too !

I don't like the foreshadowing of winter...it ruins my spirit, which ruins my game sometimes...although golfing in the fall is a really nice peaceful moment.
    Last edited by Golfpeasant; 09-22-2005 at 04:56 PM.

Thread Information