CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big Break IV

Pitching Wedge spart is on a distinguished road

Big Break IV

Any thoughts on the latest in the big break series? It seems slower and I was never quite sure who was doing what to whom last night

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    I am sad to see Bart leave so early, i knew he wasn't going to win, but didn't think he would depart so soon.

I think the Euro's are going to kill the American's unless the producers start making challenges that are favouring the Americans.

bbad
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    I am sad to see Bart leave so early, i knew he wasn't going to win, but didn't think he would depart so soon.

I think the Euro's are going to kill the American's unless the producers start making challenges that are favouring the Americans.
    You know that's gonna happen.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Just wait until they have the bump-n-run contests. The Americans look sadly overmatched. Although I did think Tommy-Two-Gloves was going out in a flash.

All-in-all, I will continue to be entertained by this type of Reality TV!!

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    Ya, it was sad. but at the same time I thought "Well, if anyone should go, its Bart." Nice guy, yes. Good golfer, seems off this time, but yes. BUT HE HAD HIS SHOT. Give someone else a chance.

Hybrid oldmaninblack is on a distinguished road
    This version seems pretty dull so far. Not sure the "team" format is working out.

Watching Tommy-Two-Gloves try to break the glass was sad. He doesn't have that shot and clearly didn't have a clue ... I liked his comment later that he was the strongest player on the American squad.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmaninblack
    Watching Tommy-Two-Gloves try to break the glass was sad. He doesn't have that shot and clearly didn't have a clue ... I liked his comment later that he was the strongest player on the American squad.

Well, the guy was trying to punch a 7 iron. Why didn't an american scream: USE YOUR 3 or 4 iron !

The rest of his game was pretty damn good from what I saw in a few shots.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar

Tommy Two Gloves

I'm sorry but someone who can't hit a low punch shot or a sand shot isn't going to do sh** on the tour. I don't think any of these guys are tour caliber by any means. The big Break has to do some solid investigative work and find some unknowns who would have a chance at making the cut in a tour event. Tommy two gloves, who the hell would pick this guy!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Tommy two gloves, who the hell would pick this guy!
    A Golf Channel marketing guy who realizes they need somebody wacky on the show.

A golf channel moron if you ask me. The guys sounds like a complete idiot as well, although i guess that doesn't have anything to do with his golf game.

And why would they need somebody "wacky" on the show, that's not what most of us are watching it for i wouldn't think.

Not being a GC producer, I'm guessing they figured that he would become a "fan favourite" because of his wacky swing, etc.

I'm necessarily agreeing with it, just postulationg.

Personally, I think that the Euro's will smoke them.

You are definitely right on the Euro smoking of the americans, their squad looks much better. I love seeing Americans get beat, at anything!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Wait a minute, wasn't it the guy wearing 2 gloves the guy who hit it in the circle on his first attempt in all 3 events? Tiger coudln't have scored any better in that challenge

Pure luck!

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    I like the show for the format itself with the events, I don't believe the whole us vs europe thing. Hearing some of them talking about playing for their country, I mean it's not quite the ryder cup.

I just enjoy it for the tension when they get to elimination.

One complaint though, they have added a new show called big break all access, that shows behind the scenes stuff.
    Problem is on my expressvu listings it reads big break IV same as regular show. Tried to catch second episode I missed and it turned out just to be the behind scenes show. Very confusing, might just be a bell thing.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfpeasant
    Well, the guy was trying to punch a 7 iron. Why didn't an american scream: USE YOUR 3 or 4 iron !
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I was watching the other guys punch 4 & 3- irons.
    "Two gloves" is an embarrassment, there's no need to have a guy those skills (or lack of) on this show.

I'm no fan of the 2 gloves guy, but he did dominate that skills competetion. 3 consective perfect shots. I'm not convinced he's the worst on the show.

Neither do I, but I agree if you can't hit a knock-down or punch, LEARN IT NOW.

Plus what was with that embarassing sand display both compeitions by the americans? And that guy hitting it OB twice?

If you want to avoid confusion on TV listings, go to the BIG BREAK IV schedule on the golfchannel.com site instead:

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...0&search=BREAK

Quote Originally Posted by Golfpeasant
    Plus what was with that embarassing sand display both compeitions by the americans? And that guy hitting it OB twice?
    They mentioned a couple of times that the sand is very different than what they are used to.

Most of the high end courses in NA have very light, fluffy sand that is very easy to hit out of. I gather that the sand at Carnoustie is a lot heavier.

For a local example, compare the sand at Loch March and Stonebridge. Very different beasts.

Not that it should be an excuse mind you. I'm sure they have a practice bunker at Carnoustie somewhere and if you're supposed to be good enough to get on tour, you should be able to adjust.

I have found the us vs europe to not be of interest, everyone is too nice. I like the characters of the europeans a little more fun (tommy two gloves the exception) and much better game.

But I came across some bios of the players on the golf channel site, can you believe this about warren the former amateur champion. Sections of quote below:

By winning the British Amateur, Warren automatically received an invitation to play in the 1997 Masters, a tournament he had watched on television for more than 20 years and "at 30 years old" one in which he longed to play. He calls the experience the best of his life. During the tournament, he was paired with Arnold Palmer in Round 1 and Raymond Floyd in Round 2, but likes to recall a practice round with Jack Nicklaus most often.
    But the busy week was catching up to him and at the turn, and to Nicklaus' surprise, he decided to quit for the day, a move that friends and family tease him about to this day. "Nobody can believe I had a best player in the history of the game as my playing partner and I gave up after nine holes," he said. "He was gracious, but it's no wonder he had a confused look on his face. But I was tired!"

Too tired to continue a round with jack nicklaus?
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Holy sh@#$t.
    I can see why people bug him about it, he must of been real tired I guess.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    What a maroon. I don't care how tired you are. That's just wrong.

Hey just noticed something else while watching the exciting finish of the presidents cup that probably not everyone noticed.

Caddy for Cabrerra looked familiar, dawned on me it was eduardo guy from big break. He kinda bragged alot about caddying in ryder cup in past etc. Thought he might be exaggerating. Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark
    Caddy for Cabrerra looked familiar, dawned on me it was eduardo guy from big break. He kinda bragged alot about caddying in ryder cup in past etc. Thought he might be exaggerating. Guess not.
    Off topic, I thought Cabrerra shot a great game.

9 Iron westbeach is on a distinguished road
    Tommy Two Gloves is actually a fairly accomplished player. He's the #1 ranked player on the Gateway Tour...which is basically a mini-tour in the US below the Nationwide and probably comparable to the Hooters Tour.

I finally saw episode two as I previously only saw the behind the scenes version. Tommy Two Gloves looked unbelievable in the elimination events, only taking 3 was good. What I don't get, is things like the mulligan event?

How can someone who looked so good later, take oh so many shots to break glass using the wrong club. To say "Low shots are not something I can do well?"
    Tommy was using an 8 iron to break glass 100 feet away?
    While he smacks away over and over, each of the europeans kept using their 3-4 iron and won, with 3-4 us left to even hit.
    Tommy has some game, he is interesting, but to not change clubs?? Don't get it?

I never accused him of being the smartest competitor on the show

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by westbeach
    Tommy Two Gloves is actually a fairly accomplished player. He's the #1 ranked player on the Gateway Tour...
    Hard to believe actually...although that gives me renewed hope for my game.

Tommy 2 gloves with the ice cold up and down to win the match last night was starting to look like the best player on the us side.

Thread Information