100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Agent99

Two gloves or not two gloves…

I was just wondering if we might possibly improve, even slightly, our driving if more of us wore a glove on both hands. I thought if it works well for race car drivers, baseball batters, and cyclists (to name a few), why not golfers. Wouldn’t a layer of leather on both hands be beneficial, perhaps especially more so for those of us who use the ten-finger, baseball grip? Could be wrong, we’ll see. I haven’t tried two yet although I plan to next time I play.
    Last edited by Agent99; 04-22-2006 at 08:24 AM.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    How about no gloves?

I use a 10 finger grip, and haven't worn a glove in at least 20 years. I always felt I had less feel/control with a glove on, so I stopped wearing it.

This of course assumes that it's not raining, in which case the rain gloves, one for each hand, come out.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    I'll be honest, when it gets real hot or rains, I sometimes switch to 2 gloves and I feel more comfortable with both on. The boys of course make fun of me, but hey, who cares.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    I'll be honest, when it gets real hot or rains, I sometimes switch to 2 gloves and I feel more comfortable with both on. The boys of course make fun of me, but hey, who cares.
    I forgot about the humidity factor. Twice this summer it was so humid that it might as well have been raining given the amount of water coming out of my body.

Rain gloves to the rescue.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    The 2 gloves would prevent the young hand and the old hand complex. I have a friend who golfs a lot(over 100 rounds) and his right hand looks like an 80 year old compared to his left...he is only 38. This might bother the ladies more than the guys.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I wear 1 but I wear 2 when it gets cold, I have the winter golf gloves and I feel it is very beneficial. Hey, whatever works for you I say. Fred Couples does not wear a glove and he did pretty well. He is a fanatic about having clean grips though! he always wipes the grip down before every shot. Probably changes the grips once a week too.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I quit wearing a glove this summer. During a round the only one I had with me ripped so I just finished the round without one. Then I forgot to buy one that day and played without one the next day. Have not bothered buying one since then. Many rounds with out wearing it and I really don't notice any difference. My hands do not sweat much so that is a plus. If they do I just wipe them on my towel. I keep my grips nice and clean with Simple Green.
    Now I do not have the tanned hand/white hand syndrom
    I am going to invest in a pair of rain gloves for the fall.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Thread Information