100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

Review of Settler's Ghost Golf Course

(Review by a 8 handicap amateur) This is a very hilly, short course and packed very tightly. There are a lot of blind shots and course knowledge is almost vital. Although not a target course, bad shots will be punished, unless you find the fairway next to yours. Fairways and greens are in great shape, especially for a new course. Greens are hard and fast with very few flat spots but will hold a shot with moderate to high spin. If landing short of the green, mid to long irons will run off the back.

Our problems with the course were related to tee-time intervals (7 minutes) which, when linked to many "beginners" and blind shots, has a tendency to really bunch groups together. We teed off 35 minutes after our scheduled tee-time and the course had run out of carts. Starting on the second teeing area, we started to experience delays; two groups in front of us even quit after 6 holes. Rough is a bit thick around the greens and had trouble finding the ball unless I walked right over it. We noticed that people generally do not repair their ball marks as the three members of our groups fixed 3-4 marks each on every green.

It will be a great looking course when it has fully matured but they need to get a bigger parking lot, extend the tee-time intervals to 8, maybe 10 minutes and put out signs or devices so that people can get general ideas of where greens are and to warn golfers that they have cleared a blind landing area. I would expect green fees to increase in a year or so if they plan on correcting those problems.

Now that I have the course knowledge, I might go back but only during the week as the weekends seem to be extremely busy. It is certainly one of the best bang for your money in the area if you don't play while it's busy as the course conditions are extremely good.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    Settler's Ghost??? Never heard of it. Where is this?

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    Located in Barrie if I'm not mistaken.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    Ah I see. Perhaps this thread should be moved to "Central Ontario". Mr. Kilbank? And here I was getting all excited about a new course in Kingston...

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

I know... I know...

I have already PM'd Dan. I must have clicked on the wrong forum.. my apologies.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Thread Information