CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    6 Iron bbbeam is on a distinguished road

courses in Canton NY - worth playing?

I'm going to be in the Prescott area at the end of the month and I was wondering if anyone could comment on the courses in Canton New York.

Some surfing found two courses - Partridge Run and St. Lawrence University but not much information about them.

Particularly interested in what shape they are in this year and how you would rate them against the other Seaway courses - Upper Canada, Prescott, Brockville CC for example.

Thanks

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    St. Lawrence is a fun, mid-range course. Don't expect fantastic conditions, but the course is a good value & I would have no problem recommending it to anyone.
    Partridge Run is one of the ugliest courses I have ever played but their greens are fantastic. Nice undulations & true, but the problem with the course is that it's built around a water treatment facility so it's not the most pleasing view.
    If you want to travel 15 minutes past Canton make the trip to play Potsdam GC - again, not stellar conditions but the course layout is great.
    I haven't played Prescott or Brockville, but Upper Canada is a better course than any of the three courses I mentioned.
    I would rank them in this order : St Lawrence, Potsdam GC, and then Partridge Run. Enjoy.

Thread Information