100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    allanhouston90

Shaft experts Come here!

Alright I have a TM bubble 2 Ti driver 9.5 and I need recomendations on a shaft to get for it. I am 5'10, 165 and my swing speed is 100-105 mph.

Thanks!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    To recommend a shaft is difficult without seeing your swing. Check out the "Couple of driver Q's?" in the OEM Equipment forum for some insight into your question.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    You may want to confirm the tip size needed for that driver. Taylor Made drivers were 0.350 for a while, while most shafts have a 0.335 tip. You can use the smaller tip shafts with a shim if you need to, but it is something you should know before you go shopping.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Hybrid oldmaninblack is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    You may want to confirm the tip size needed for that driver. Taylor Made drivers were 0.350 for a while, while most shafts have a 0.335 tip. You can use the smaller tip shafts with a shim if you need to, but it is something you should know before you go shopping.

The TM 300 series drivers use a .400 shaft ... special adapter available from Golfworks to put a .335 shaft in it (I just did one).
    Golfworks has recommended replacement shafts. The recomendation for the TM360 bubble was a ys-6 ($120 just for the shaft)

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allanhouston90
    Alright I have a TM bubble 2 Ti driver 9.5 and I need recomendations on a shaft to get for it. I am 5'10, 165 and my swing speed is 100-105 mph.

Thanks!
    http://www.golfsmith.com/cm/pdf/oem_replacement.pdf
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Lob Wedge shawnabramsen is on a distinguished road
    I hope i don't start a riot here....but swing speed and shaft flex are not related. unfortunately, the dynacraft shaft fitting index is...well-wrong. follow me here, folks. swing speed is measured in mph, right? which is constant. shaft flexes are not standardized in the industry, which is a variable. so what fujikara calls a stiff, UST calls regular. so that being said, how can you use a constant to select a variable? you cant. not with any level of accuracy. the only way to select a shaft is to hit it. find the right ball position for the release of the shaft and ANY shaft will feel like hitting a piece of popcorn with a stick of warm butter.
    mmmmmm butter......

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnabramsen
    I hope i don't start a riot here....but swing speed and shaft flex are not related. unfortunately, the dynacraft shaft fitting index is...well-wrong. follow me here, folks. swing speed is measured in mph, right? which is constant. shaft flexes are not standardized in the industry, which is a variable. so what fujikara calls a stiff, UST calls regular. so that being said, how can you use a constant to select a variable? you cant. not with any level of accuracy. the only way to select a shaft is to hit it. find the right ball position for the release of the shaft and ANY shaft will feel like hitting a piece of popcorn with a stick of warm butter.
    mmmmmm butter......
    Simple stick to one brand and adjust your aim accordingly. The RSS is only a starting guide. If you're a smooth swinger then go with the soft side of the RSS. If you're a hitter go with the opposite.

Thread Information