100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stones concert

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road

Stones concert

Just got back from the Stones concert, AWESOME...HAHAHA...they had a floating stage I can't no saTISfaction...start me up!! YOu make a grown Man Cry...Wicked concert...$6.25 for a beer. What a show though, for all those who saw it, would you agree, and for those who didn't...sorry about your luck! Seriously Mick and the boys are still great in their 60's, fu**ing great!!

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Just an awsome concert! I can't beleave how long and how much energy those guys had up there. It was by far the best concert I have ever been to, with the 40000 screaming fans outside, and the Stones just know how to perform! Great show worth the money, unless you had $325 seats. That's just to much.

3 Iron fmanning is on a distinguished road fmanning's Avatar
    If ticket prices weren't so ridiculous these days, I probably would have gone. Seeing as though nobody cares about anything new they come out with, I'm satisfied with the fact that I saw them 10 years ago in Toronto for the Voodoo Lounge Tour. Pretty much the same song list as the one last night....

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Ticket prices are just plain stupid. I am amazed that so many paid so much to see any band.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Same with hockey games sometimes.

Exactly. I don't think the upward spiral in prices of tickets is at all acceptable. Unfortunately people paid it and the next concert worth seeing will be just as expensive if not more.

Oh well. If people will pay it they will charge it. I used to enjoy concerts. I refuse to pay that much so I guess I won't be going to them anymore.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    Kind of like $100.00 for a round of golf.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Oh well. If people will pay it they will charge it. I used to enjoy concerts. I refuse to pay that much so I guess I won't be going to them anymore.
    Agreed.
    I always try to think about value for the $$. Let's see, I can spend $500 on a Stones concert, or, what else can I do with $500...hmmm...2 day golf package at Tremblant or Lac Carling maybe? New driver? An evening of hookers & gin? It's all about the bang for the buck.
    Having said that, while I wouldn't have paid the price, I hear the Stones concert was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by larry
    Kind of like $100.00 for a round of golf.
    Exactly....

As long as people continue to pay ridiculous prices, they'll stay ridiculous.

I really, REALLY want to see U2, but thanks to the terrible preparation by CapitalTickets.ca, I'll have to pay $350+ for a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    It's all about the bang for the buck.
    Was that pun intended?

lmao

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    It had to be about the loudest concert out of Lansdowne I have heard. I live near the Elmvale mall (St. Laurent & Smyth area) and I could hear it fairly well. I was out walking the dog and Shattered sounded pretty good. Bass riff was clear as day and I could easily make out Mick and the boys signing. Must have been a blast!

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Tickets were as low as $60 bucks and even though they were in the nose bleeds, the way they had it setup there wasn't a bad seat in the house. My tickets were $112 and I was on the floor, could see everything great. It all depends on what you like. I know many people who think most of us are stupid for paying $600 on a driver or $15000 for an intiation fee. If you were a life long stones fan is $300 bucks really that much if it means that much to you? Concerts cost a fortune to put on, were not talking about a stage in a grassy field, this thing was high tech with awsome pyro and huge screens. Plus the cost of security and rental equip for 40000 cannot be cheap. I would rather pay $112 for a 6 hour concert then $115 for a 4 hour round at the Marshes. How many times will the stones be here? But thats why I paid and went, maybe you were at the marshes yesterday while I was rockin out and thought you money was well spent when you sunk a huge putt. Just a matter of what holds value to you.

You make some good points. I did not know that you could get a ticket for $60. That is certainly better than I thought. This is still by far the most expensive concert ticket prices I have hever heard of. Unfortunately we'll see more like it.

All reviews have been great. I'm sure you had a blast and got some "Satisfaction" for your $

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    Just a matter of what holds value to you.
    You hit that nail right on the head.
    For me, an evening of hookers & gin beats the Stones and the Marshes combined, but hey, to each his own.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    The ticket prices where a lot more than I had ever paid... I was on the floor. After I saw the show It was easy to understand why the tickets where so much money. WHAT A SHOW I WOULD PAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN TO SEE THE STONES!!!! I have never seen a stage the size of that. unreal!

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road

stones concert

was at the concert last nite, just awesome, worth every bit of the money...
    stage was incredible...when they set the pyro off you could feel the heat and we
    were in section c....that stage and all its associtated gear is why prices are so high...
    quite a difference rom when they asked 2.50/3.00 the first time they were here..

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Yeah 60 bucks was really resonable,but problem is 43.000 tickets avail. and 1 million people looking to get them?

Why was a second show not added?
    Especially considering the amount of time and money it requires
    to set the stage up!
    I tried to get the 60 dollar tickets!
    I wont ever waste my time like that again
    Disapointing
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Thread Information