CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar

Bye Bye Hossa... Hello Heatley!!!

Sens have called a 5pm news conference as well as the Thrashers (5:30pm)....

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=134320

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I'm not liking this as a Sens fan. Heatly was terrible in Europe last year, haven't seen him play well since his accident and injury. Hossa, on the other hand, is a top 5 player in the league. Should've traded Redden instead. Maybe they will as well.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    WTF?!?!?

Hossa is my favourite!

Hope this isn't a bad move....

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Who is the defenceman going to Atlanta. It would be nice (for the Thrashers) if they get Redden or Phillips...

Hossa nad Kovalchuk should be awesome together.

We will know more in about 1 hour.

Chambo...

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Sens just sign Hossa to a 3 year deal! Doesn't make sense, maybe Redden?

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road
    Hossa for Kovulchuk but not for Heatley.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    trust me, if it were Redden or Philips, it would have been mentioned in the deal......I'd put $ on DeVries.

"Richard"
    Its hossa and devries for heatly and a 1st round pick next year. Lets hope ATL sucks and we get a high draft pick. How much can heatly sign for? I have no clue what the market value for any player is now. I mean, hossa gets 6mil, forsberg gets 5.5 mil, selane gets 1mil... I have no clue how much ottawa is going to sign him for... any ideas? I'm guessing its around 3mil?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    probably 4-5M.....likely less than what Hossa got, but they dump DeVries overpaid salary and have lots of room to manouever under the cap now....This is a deal that had to be made under the new CBA, and woudn't have been made under the old set-up.....

BTW Sportsnet is saying it is a player to be named later.....

"Richard"
    sportsnet might be saying its a player to be named later but I'm sure its devrise. It would make sense for ottawa to get him involved if they are going to give up hossa for heatly and only have a million saved... they would most likely be able to unload some crap since any idiot would trade heatly for hossa and pay the extra million. Plus I think ATL has a cap space to have it not effect their team to badly by having devrise

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Devries makes a lot of sense.

He played for Hartley in Colorado and he always like him. Coach Hartley told me they were still looking for 1 more defenceman and they finally got their man. Believe me, Atlanta will not sucks this year. They will be one of the best team in the league.

They have great goaltending, a great defence corps and talents on offense. Just watch them go...

Chambo

"Richard"
    I'm going to said Kovulchuk will win the scoring title now. No question in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    I'm going to said Kovulchuk will win the scoring title now. No question in my mind
    Sorry thotho, your first answer was Forsberg so that it what I have to accept....

Oh and look at what you could have won....... a lovely speedboat

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Wow, today is the day I stop cheering for the Senators. Screw Muckler and the whole lot of them. Heatley is garbage compared to Hossa, and on top of it we throw in extra????

F this.

Gonna start cheering for Atlanta or some European team. Senators SUCK!

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Wow, today is the day I stop cheering for the Senators. Screw Muckler and the whole lot of them. Heatley is garbage compared to Hossa, and on top of it we throw in extra????

F this.

Dan
    Wow! I thought you were a fellow European. You have to stick to your team through thick and thin. I know sport franchises move around a lot and this causes N. Americans to be fickle when it comes, but come on, think of the cap room they will save by not having to buy out de Vries. Sens will get better because of this, although it is hard to see Hossa go, that is what the new CBA is all about.

"Richard"
    come on dan, have a little faith. It works out good for ottawa depending on how much cash they have left over. They get rid of devrise, hossa and get a wicked player in heatly who will add some grit to a team full of pu55ies. They are going to have more cap space to get people later incase someone gets hurt and finally they can maybe grab another player for a playoff run towards the end of the season before the deadline. I think it worked out pretty well. Ottawa couldn't afford hossa at 6mil a year.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar

F this.

Dan
    Now we know why they didn't go to arbitration....

Geez Dano. You're the last guy I had figured for a bandwagon jumper. I'm serious.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

"Richard"
    dont do it dan, support your team no matter what!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill
    Wow! I thought you were a fellow European. You have to stick to your team through thick and thin. I know sport franchises move around a lot and this causes N. Americans to be fickle when it comes, but come on, think of the cap room they will save by not having to buy out de Vries. Sens will get better because of this, although it is hard to see Hossa go, that is what the new CBA is all about.
    You don't lose cap space by buying someone out. The time period for that has passed now.

I am a fellow European. But, I've been a hockey fan since before the Senators got their team (and was a very active lobbyist to get the team here). I cheer for players, not the logo on their shirt. As a local boy, I was happy when Ottawa went with a very European styled team. I don't care if people think Ottawa lacked grit, or were soft. They played the game as it was meant to be played.

So, we have lost more players I like than we have received. Hasek is the only addition I can think of, actually...

I'm not fickle at all. Senators will NOT be better for having Heatley than Hossa. If nobody else remembers, Heatley killed his best friend and teammate Dan Snyder because he was driving like an idiot in a residential area (in his Ferrarri, on wet roads). He spent a good chunk of time rehabbing, but looked pathetic in the Russian League before salvaging a bit of his reputation in Switzerland (where all the good hockey players are....).

Atlanta now has a bunch of players I'm really big on: Holik, Kovalchuk, Hossa, Stefan, Kozlov....

GO THRASHERS!!!!!

Dan

"Richard"
    PHili will win the cup

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    Now we know why they didn't go to arbitration....

Geez Dano. You're the last guy I had figured for a bandwagon jumper. I'm serious.
    Not a bandwagon hopper at all... I have never been on a bandwagon in my life, nor do I intend to start now... I'm obviously a Euro hockey fan, and our team is trading Europeans for stupid returns, and to that end I guess I have to find a team with more European flavour to support.

If Muckler keels over and dies tonight, party at my place tomorrow!

Dan

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I think the deal was structured by Atlanta, not the Sens. The Sens were offering 4-5 million a year for 4-5 years, however the 20 million worked out. All of a sudden they offer 5,6 and 7 million over three years. After the deal was done, no announcement by the Sens, nothing on their website or anything like that. As soon as they signed the first round draft pick the other day, I got an email.

I think this was done before arbitration might have happened. I think the arbitrator would have sided with Hossa, he would have been given a one year contract and then he's gone. Sorry Dan, it's the nature of the game under the new CBA. I really liked Hossa, he was one of the strengths of the team. But you can't keep everyone. Hossa was on a team of stars and stars to be. Redden, for all that he's hated, Chara, Alfredson, Spezza, Phillips (starting to come into his own), Volchenkov, Havlat, and others that are waiting in the wings. With the cap and free agency the way it is, the next few years will be very interesting.

And Dan, I sure hope your faith in Hasek pans out, for the Sens have no-one really behind him.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

come on dan, have a little faith. It works out good for ottawa depending on how much cash they have left over. They get rid of devrise, hossa and get a wicked player in heatly who will add some grit to a team full of pu55ies. They are going to have more cap space to get people later incase someone gets hurt and finally they can maybe grab another player for a playoff run towards the end of the season before the deadline. I think it worked out pretty well. Ottawa couldn't afford hossa at 6mil a year.
    A wicked player in Heatley? The guy is damaged goods!

How does adding Heatley to our team give us any grit? He's much softer than Hossa, so I don't follow your logic. And to call Ottawa a team of pu55ies is getting really tired... You clearly don't watch much hockey, or haven't in the last two seasons, or are so pre-occupied with beating the stupid Leafs that you don't realize that toughness will now be PENALIZED in the NHL.

The more I think about this, the more angry I'm getting.

Dan

You don't lose cap space by buying someone out. The time period for that has passed now.

I am a fellow European. But, I've been a hockey fan since before the Senators got their team (and was a very active lobbyist to get the team here). I cheer for players, not the logo on their shirt. As a local boy, I was happy when Ottawa went with a very European styled team. I don't care if people think Ottawa lacked grit, or were soft. They played the game as it was meant to be played.

So, we have lost more players I like than we have received. Hasek is the only addition I can think of, actually...

I'm not fickle at all. Senators will NOT be better for having Heatley than Hossa. If nobody else remembers, Heatley killed his best friend and teammate Dan Snyder because he was driving like an idiot in a residential area (in his Ferrarri, on wet roads). He spent a good chunk of time rehabbing, but looked pathetic in the Russian League before salvaging a bit of his reputation in Switzerland (where all the good hockey players are....).

Atlanta now has a bunch of players I'm really big on: Holik, Kovalchuk, Hossa, Stefan, Kozlov....

GO THRASHERS!!!!!

Dan

Are you sure you know ANYTHING about hockey? I bet you can spout of stats from whatever year but your lack of real knowledge of the game is really showing in these posts.

"They played the game as it was meant to be played." Do you even know what country invented hockey? Hockey isn't supposed to be a pansy game of guys who are scared to touch each other. Hammer him into the boards and take the puck and score, that’s the game. I think Gordie did it pretty good! Let me know if you want a lesson in hockey and I will let you in on when we play here in town, but usually guys like you who talk the talk can't even skate.

With each posts I read I get angrier and want to yell "Move to Europe if its so great, watch your gay hockey in those crappy euro leagues". "Stop bashing hockey how it is supposed to be played and either like the game or start your own sport, but don't call it hockey"

Heatley will be a great asset to this team and will add scoring and grit for years to come. Hossa is a great player and I wouldn't have moved him myself, maybe Havlat,but the new rules are what they are and 5,6,7 Mil for Hossa is BS.

I hope whatever paper you are writing for isn't your full time job because unless you plan on shipping it over to Europe it won't sell a copy with the mind numbing crap you have been spouting off on here.

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    Are you sure you know ANYTHING about hockey? I bet you can spout of stats from whatever year but your lack of real knowledge of the game is really showing in these posts.

"They played the game as it was meant to be played." Do you even know what country invented hockey? Hockey isn't supposed to be a pansy game of guys who are scared to touch each other. Hammer him into the boards and take the puck and score, that’s the game. I think Gordie did it pretty good! Let me know if you want a lesson in hockey and I will let you in on when we play here in town, but usually guys like you who talk the talk can't even skate.

With each posts I read I get angrier and want to yell "Move to Europe if its so great, watch your gay hockey in those crappy euro leagues". "Stop bashing hockey how it is supposed to be played and either like the game or start your own sport, but don't call it hockey"

Heatley will be a great asset to this team and will add scoring and grit for years to come. Hossa is a great player and I wouldn't have moved him myself, maybe Havlat,but the new rules are what they are and 5,6,7 Mil for Hossa is BS.

I hope whatever paper you are writing for isn't your full time job because unless you plan on shipping it over to Europe it won't sell a copy with the mind numbing crap you have been spouting off on here.
    Yeah, I have no idea.... Go play your stupid hockey the way you think it's supposed to be played. You are likely a huge Bertuzzi fan, so I won't bother playing "hockey" with you. For the record: I guess that hitting the Czechs worked really well for ya at the WHC in April huh?

I'd assume you were a Leafs fan, but sadly you seem to appreciate Hossa's talent.

As for moving to Europe, I'd love to. Once my brother finishes dental school, my house will be available, and I'm outta here!

Continue to try belittling me moron... It shows that you have zero intelligence and have no idea how to hold a debate.

Maybe you'll be the next hockey-precipitated cripple and I can laugh and say "told ya so" about your stupid pummel-fest hockey that you love so much...

Dan

"Richard"
    from a financial standpoint this was the BEST move ottawa could have made. I personally thing they could have traded hossa straight up for soemthing more but they ALSO get rid of devrise. Now if they can just get rid of redden they will be awesome. Use that cap money to get someone good. As for trading havlat isntead of hossa... no way man. Havlat is worth what he is getting paid.. hossa isn't.

Question.. are havlat and spezza UFA's next season? If so, thank god they got rid of hossa because they will need that money to sign these guys. I think chara is a UFA as well isn't he?

from a financial standpoint this was the BEST move ottawa could have made. I personally thing they could have traded hossa straight up for soemthing more but they ALSO get rid of devrise. Now if they can just get rid of redden they will be awesome. Use that cap money to get someone good. As for trading havlat isntead of hossa... no way man. Havlat is worth what he is getting paid.. hossa isn't.

Question.. are havlat and spezza UFA's next season? If so, thank god they got rid of hossa because they will need that money to sign these guys. I think chara is a UFA as well isn't he?
    Chara is FA, Redden is FA, Havlat is FA, Spezza is signed I think for one added season or has an option or something like that.......

Don't believe any of them qualify for unrestricted free agency yet. If they did, why trim payroll? I suppose you could try resigning all those guys before the season ends, but it's very unlikely. I think they're RFA, but will be seeking bigger bucks.

Dan

"Richard"
    So in the new market place how much are we looking at per yer for each of those guys?

You don't want to debate Dan. You want everyone to say that Europeon hockey is better the N.A hockey and that you are the God of hockey knowledge. I am not such a moron that I can't see talent in all players. Hossa, Kovulchuk, Spezza Nash... whoever are great talents but if they can't take the bump and grid of hockey then I don't care what country they come from......get out of the game. Where do you think all the stick work and clutch and grap came from? You bring back the respect to the ice and it is a much better game for all who play.

I have played in a lot of different leagues and the no hit leagues that try and have the open ice, fast game are the ones you get hurt the most in because of the stick work. Getting slammed into the boards doesn't hurt it just slows you down, it's the open ice ones that kill you and even that is nothing compared to some of the slash work you see across the pond. The open ice, fast game that the NHL wants to bring back to hockey is really only a look back to the past. Scoring was up in the 80's and the game was open. Guys got bigger, faster and they took away a lot of the toughness in the game. Now guys have no respect for each other and are not scared when they do something stupid. Let the boys police themselves and the game will get better.

So in the new market place how much are we looking at per yer for each of those guys?
    Look at it this way... Out of all those players, only Chara would be considered as valuable as Hossa, at least from most sane points of view. So, we can assume that Chara will not get $6M, which will mean (especially if he wins the Norris this season) we'll lose him to a team who understands FAIR MARKET VALUE.

What I would personally offer?

Chara - $6.5M - 5 years (yeah, BIG money for the BIG Z)
    Redden - Plane Fare, cya
    Havlat - $3.5M - 2 years (another prove yourself contract for Mach-9)
    Spezza (if he is in fact FA) - $2M (depending on this season of course) - 2 years

Cheers,
    Dan

Thread Information