100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    Spezza was the top scorer in the AHL during the lockout. As far as I'm concerned, he deserves a shot.
    Spezza will probably get a shot, but it wouldn't surprise me if they move Fisher back to centre and put him on that line.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Barnie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Webb
    Jason Spezza when asked for a golf tip (http://www.thehammer.ca/content/2004...lf_tips.html):

Never forget your defensive responsibilities on the golf course. Always backcheck. Always cover your man. Always dump the puck into the corner and get to the bench, even if you're on a goddamn breakaway…

God, I'm so glad that android got fired.
    Is it only me who doesn't really get this post? The link doesn't work either.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnie
    Is it only me who doesn't really get this post? The link doesn't work either.
    The link is 404, I tried searching the archives & still can't find the article.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Just take the bracket and colon off the end of the link.

http://www.thehammer.ca/content/200...olf_tips.html

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Sens just signed Steve Martins, not your first line center...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    OMG! That Hammer stuff is f***ing hilarious!!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Barnie
    Hmm It still doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler
    Just take the bracket and colon off the end of the link.

http://www.thehammer.ca/content/200...olf_tips.html

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    try this...don't know why the browser keeps adding characters onto the end....

http://www.thehammer.ca/content/2004...golf_tips.html

if not, just edit the url and the last characters should be .html

Barnie
    Got it thanks.. Pretty funny too

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Doesnt really matter anyway,since the HABS will win the cup.
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    There's that 25% fan-base that accepts reality as rose-coloured glasses.. Other than getting Bonk, who I believe will end up as a GREAT player for MTL just to make one good contract's worth of money....

F the Habs. They have pretty much sucked for my entire lifetime (32 yrs)/

I hope that the next CDN team to win the Cup is either Ottawa or nobody. I find it easier to cheer for GOOD teams, not just hype. Any IDIOT who put money down on Martin St. Louis as scoring champ for a repeat is playing an idiot's game.

Two words for scoring champ (assuming the rule changes are actually employed..) : Jaromir Jagr.

As opposed to telling me why I am wrong, spend your time biting the short hairs on my arse.

Dan

PS - I don't hide like the rest of you so called fans... You guys all seem to have your "notify by email" stuff turned off... But if you want to get into a serious hockey discussion, maybe I'd be able to convince one of the new censorship "MODERATORS" cops to let us have one free thread to talk SERIOUS hockey...

I spend my days talking to several agents, hoping to discern something more meaninful from what they say than the standard sh_t you read in the papers... Either one of us could be victim of the propaganda stuff, but I'm fairly sure I've crossed my Ts and dotted my Is...

Cheers, may your days as a fan of hockey be limitless...

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Jaromir Jagr

Does he still play? I thought he was off with Paval Bure at the Has-Been Resort.

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27

Dan, Dan, Dan

32 years makes you born in 1973.

Let's see. In that period, MTL only won the cup in 73, 76, 77, 78, 79, 86, 93 (did I miss any?). I don't think any team has won that many in that period of time - NYI at 4 and EDM at 5 are probably the closest. I do agree they have sucked for most of the past decade, but not the past 32 years.

P.S. I was a MTL fan until I moved here and started to follow the Sens.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Do you mean perhaps your entire adult lifetime?
    Agreed, the past 12 years or so has been dismal for Montreal, but they have won the cup 6 times over the past 32 years.

Barnie
    Where are you coming from with this thread? For someone who talks like he's the hockey man the points in your post are ridiculous. Was something modded out that I missed?

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Dan,

I think you have a case of rose coloured glasses also. Jagr is a Czech and you will back them no matter what. However, Jagr has been a poison in the dressing room, a prima donna that wants to have his ways. I think you will see moments of brilliance from him, but nothing sustained enough to win the scoring title. In these days of restricted salary, he may not even hang around

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2116505

It's hard to say what he will do with the Rangers. There's sure not much around him at this point in time (and I know that there are two other Czechs that would make a good Czeching line )
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I'm interested to hear why you think Jagr will be the top scorer this year. I have to admit, I'd love to see that happen. In his prime, he was so much fun to watch and a return to that prime would make the NHL that much better as a league. But he seems to have lost interest in playing, just my opinion. He's not young anymore, and it would require more than just turning on a switch to get back to where he was. But like I say, I'd love to see it.

As for Bonk, I think he'll be a very good player with Montreal. He really was burdened by some unreal expectations here. The price of being a number 3 pick I guess.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Bonk will have to change his work ethic, he is damn lazy. He can score great goals and has a good eye for making passes, but i'm damned if that lazy git ever goes to the net or chases down a loose puck. He never seems to get into the correct position for easy rebound opportunties. He seems like a nice guy but is soooo frustrating to watch. I think Dan may have had too many Staropramens when he wrote the Jagr would be top scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill
    Bonk will have to change his work ethic, he is damn lazy. He can score great goals and has a good eye for making passes, but i'm damned if that lazy git ever goes to the net or chases down a loose puck. He never seems to get into the correct position for easy rebound opportunties. He seems like a nice guy but is soooo frustrating to watch. I think Dan may have had too many Staropramens when he wrote the Jagr would be top scorer.
    Lazy? Don't let a skating style fool you. Having recently watched all of the 2002 - 2003 and 2004 playoffs on NHL Network, I can tell you that he was one of the only players on that team who never took a shift off. He is a very inelegant skater, which makes him look lazy, kind of like Arvedson was...

As for Jagr winning, let time decide how insane I am...

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by spackler
    I'm interested to hear why you think Jagr will be the top scorer this year. I have to admit, I'd love to see that happen. In his prime, he was so much fun to watch and a return to that prime would make the NHL that much better as a league. But he seems to have lost interest in playing, just my opinion. He's not young anymore, and it would require more than just turning on a switch to get back to where he was. But like I say, I'd love to see it.

As for Bonk, I think he'll be a very good player with Montreal. He really was burdened by some unreal expectations here. The price of being a number 3 pick I guess.
    Jagr was the "best player in Europe" this season past, has scored consistently at least a point per game (how this is considered a slump or underachiving only underlines how good this player is) on crappy teams (Washington, Pittsburgh and Rangers).

If they enforce the "open game" rules they insist they will, Jagr is the best player by far in the NHL. Hossa will become Jagr Jr. as well... Both are the same player. Great in traffic, stickhandling in tight spaces, powerful lower body and impossible to knock off the puck. Absolute prototype of what a hockey player should be. Leave the hitting to defencemen.

Just my opinion though...

Dan

"Richard"
    you guys are nuts. Forsberg will win the scoring title if he can stay healthy

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    As far as I see it (and this is coming from a Leafs fan remember), the Sens have to be one of the favourites to win the cup this year and in years to come, as long as the referees practice what they preach. And who's to say that a player like Redden won't flourish with the new changes? More room to move and much bigger passing lanes. The Sens should hold on to him for this year, at least, to see if he can adjust.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hossa just signed to a 3 year 18M contract. The Sens and Hossa were able to argree terms before going to arbitration.

HOSSA will be scoring champ!!!

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Will they have to trade someone now? They are up around $38M in salaries with 22 players. No room to make a late season trade or to cover off injuries. Could DeVries be on the block?

Quote Originally Posted by powerlefty
    Will they have to trade someone now? They are up around $38M in salaries with 22 players. No room to make a late season trade or to cover off injuries. Could DeVries be on the block?
    I hope so! He can take Smolinski with him!

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill
    I hope so! He can take Smolinski with him!
    Good call.
    That's pretty much the thinking of most Sens fans I've talked to as well. They could dump both Smolinski & de Vries and it would have virtually no effect on the team's performance.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I guess the sens gave in but ultimately wanted to get him signed for more than the 1 year arbitration contract. I don't think anyone will bite on deVries, though if I were Ottawa, I would have ditched his contract. It will be interesting next year, when Redden and Chara both want raises. I don't mind Smolinksi as a player, just a wee bit overpaid though.

So much for Alfie being the highest paid player.....

Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    you guys are nuts. Forsberg will win the scoring title if he can stay healthy
    This is based on what, the multitude of times he's won it in the past when healthy?

As for trading or dumping Smolinski and deVries... Smoke was one of our grittier players when we acquired him, can play all three forward positions, and never takes a shift off. Sure, his salary is a little high, but it's nothing insane... deVries sucked big time when he came to our team. Can't blame him though, since when he was on the Rangers he likely never played anything resembling defence. If we could take a mulligan on that deal, fine, but I have a feeling deVries will be a good player for us this season.

Dan

"Richard"
    hey dan, its based on him being the second most talented player in the NHL in terms of offensive skill (behind jagr of course but not by much) I just think he is on a more offensively powerful team and his line will be better than jagrs which would mean more points for that line and more points for him. I could be wrong but I'm sure its going to be jagr or forsberg but the more and more I think about it there are a lot of players than can win the title.

Hosa, jagr, naslund, forsberg, sakic, iginla, kovalchuk but I'm going with fosberg

"Richard"
    Hossa and devrise for heatly and a first round pick next year? Does this sound like a rip off to anyone else? Sure it gets rid of the $6mil a year over the next three years but how much is heatly going to make on his new contract? I think it would work out better for ottawa since heatly is very scrapy and hossa is a pu55y. Anyway, just heard it on the radio thought I would let you kids know

Thread Information