CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    Hossa and devrise for heatly and a first round pick next year? Does this sound like a rip off to anyone else? Sure it gets rid of the $6mil a year over the next three years but how much is heatly going to make on his new contract? I think it would work out better for ottawa since heatly is very scrapy and hossa is a pu55y. Anyway, just heard it on the radio thought I would let you kids know
    Hossa's a *****???? I would love to see you saying that to him personally. He'd rip you limb from limb. This guy is one of the best conditioned athletes in hockey.

Just because Heatley has that ludicrous lack of teeth doesn't make him gritty either. This guy disappears in a crowd like friggin Waldo.

Anyways, that's a stupid rumour and I would not put any stock into it at all. There is no conceivable reason to make that deal, nor any benefit to Ottawa for doing so.

Gonna label this trade: BUNK

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

another expert opinion by Dan....

http://tsn.ca/nhl/main.asp

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Actually in the new-CBA era this makes excellent business sense. While it is unfortunate the Sens lose Hossa, something had to happen - look at my earlier post today. Most teams figure they have to get in around the $36M figure to allow room for injury money and late season deals. Given that, the Sens had to reduce about $2M in payroll. Also, the Hossa deal is way to rich for next season when the salary cap is going to drop - since next year's cap is tied to this year's revenues and revenues are likely to decline this season.

So this deal is about now - the Sens will save $7M in salaries from deVries and Hossa, have to negotiate a deal with Heatley for $3-4M per season (so a net savings of $3M even if you factor in a $500k replacement for deVries), get 2 years younger at the same position, jetison an overpriced defenceman (without having to buy him out) and get a first round pick next year.

And the deal is about the future - stockpile another draft pick, save on next year's cap, get 2 years younger at right wing.

Downside is Hossa is a better player than Heatley right now (although points per game for the two are almost identical) and the Sens lose an experienced defenceman and are down to Chara, Redden, Phillips, Pothier, Volchenkov plus a couple of farm hands.

powerlefty...agreed, wholeheartedly.

"Richard"
    Dan, he is soft. He is horrible in the playoffs. No doubt he is a great athlete... so is everyone else in the NHL but that doesn't cut it. Compared to me and you he isn't a pu55y but compared to other players he is...

I am sorry but I have to unbunk the rumor since it is being announced in 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc

Heh... Well, I stand by my evaluation of this trade. It's stupid. Worst trade in Ottawa history (and that includes some doozies like Demitra for Olsson and Straka for nothing).

Crap crap crap crap crap crap.

Good move Muckler!!! You stupid old man. Go get some senility meds. You ruined my team, and I hope you die.

A-wipe.

Dan

Dan, he is soft. He is horrible in the playoffs. No doubt he is a great athlete... so is everyone else in the NHL but that doesn't cut it. Compared to me and you he isn't a pu55y but compared to other players he is...

I am sorry but I have to unbunk the rumor since it is being announced in 30 minutes.
    Soft? Man, you're clueless... This guy plays through the most intense checking of anyone on the ice! He's impossible to take off the puck, which is hardly the sign of a *****. He doesn't get injured, or plays through it. He faces the most horrid coverage in te playoffs and plays better than anyone on the team (which isn't saying much with our history).

Anyways, enjoy your new piece of crap Heatley. I'll be cheering for Sparta Praha and Atlanta.

Dan

"Richard"
    alright dan, time will tell who comes out on top in this trade... since we don't know who ottawa is going to draft with their draft pick. Can someone tell me how much ottawa will still be under the cap if its devrise that goes with hossa?

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Soft? Man, you're clueless... This guy plays through the most intense checking of anyone on the ice! He's impossible to take off the puck, which is hardly the sign of a *****. He doesn't get injured, or plays through it. He faces the most horrid coverage in te playoffs and plays better than anyone on the team (which isn't saying much with our history).

Anyways, enjoy your new piece of crap Heatley. I'll be cheering for Sparta Praha and Atlanta.

Dan
    Actually Dan, I was at the Vancouver-Ottawa game a couple of years ago and Hossa wouldn't go in the corner when either Jovanovski or Bertuzzi were headed there. Otherwise, he's strong and will continue to mature. The years in the Ottawa organization left him as an excellent two-way player that will florish in a more relaxed environment. I would have rather seen him here, but we don't always get what we wish for.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

alright dan, time will tell who comes out on top in this trade... since we don't know who ottawa is going to draft with their draft pick. Can someone tell me how much ottawa will still be under the cap if its devrise that goes with hossa?
    It IS deVries in the package, which is even more infuriating. So YOU save a net total of $4M or so, which could have been just as easily accomplished by buying out deVries and Smolinski when YOU had the chance.

Instead, YOU get damaged goods with no tangible element that makes him even AS GOOD as Hossa.

Colby, if you're talking about Hossa avoiding hits from Jovanovski (who doesn't hit much, so I can't understand why) or Bertuzzi (who is the dirtiest player in the NHL, obviously), then you can likely assume he was playing hurt. I've never seen him back down from a danger zone. Besides, neither Bert nor Jovo could catch Hossa anyways, so there wasn't much chance of him getting hit!

Enjoy your team fellas....

Dan

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Let's get all of your NHL connections together, and all of mine. How much do you get paid for your expert opinion?

If you think that I put a lot of thought into these little rumour threads, give yer head a shake. I save that for the stuff I'm paid for. Besides which, it would be conflict of interest for me to disclose anything official on this forum, and I'd likely lose my job.

For the record, this trade rumour seemed SOOOOO stupid to me that I dismissed it outright. Sounds like something a Leafs fan would come up with. So I was wrong. Big deal. The only thing that was proven here is that Muckler is a much bigger idiot that I believed him to be.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by powerlefty
    And the deal is about the future - stockpile another draft pick, save on next year's cap, get 2 years younger at right wing.
    Where did you see that there was a pick coming to Ottawa? Don Wadell in a teleconference made no mention of it.

Dan

Let's get all of your NHL connections together, and all of mine. How much do you get paid for your expert opinion?

If you think that I put a lot of thought into these little rumour threads, give yer head a shake. I save that for the stuff I'm paid for. Besides which, it would be conflict of interest for me to disclose anything official on this forum, and I'd likely lose my job.

For the record, this trade rumour seemed SOOOOO stupid to me that I dismissed it outright. Sounds like something a Leafs fan would come up with. So I was wrong. Big deal. The only thing that was proven here is that Muckler is a much bigger idiot that I believed him to be.

Dan
    I get paid nothing. But I'm not the so called expert here. And if you did know something why not just say nothing. That way, there is no risk.

For someone with some common sense, this makes sense under the new CBA, if you actually think about it. The problem is, you see the world through your European eyes and are so incredibly biased that ultimately your cannot think objectively when it comes to hockey issues.

Time will tell who won out on this deal, but it was a deal made more out of necessity for the sens and not because they really wanted to. If this was 2 years ago, no way would this trade have happened.

I get paid nothing. But I'm not the so called expert here. And if you did know something why not just say nothing. That way, there is no risk.

For someone with some common sense, this makes sense under the new CBA, if you actually think about it. The problem is, you see the world through your European eyes and are so incredibly biased that ultimately your cannot think objectively when it comes to hockey issues.

Time will tell who won out on this deal, but it was a deal made more out of necessity for the sens and not because they really wanted to. If this was 2 years ago, no way would this trade have happened.
    My European bias has nothing to do with my evaluation of the trade.

Heatley - severely limited vision in his left eye that causes MAJOR problems in his play as a right winger (for obvious reasons). - Still recovering from MAJOR injuries sustained in that car wreck.

Net savings to Ottawa: roughly $6M over three seasons, hardly an impactful move in that respect.

And NO, I did NOT know anything about this deal taking place. I was all over the Hossa contract signing instead. Too bad it turned into such a nightmarish day...

I will only ever break news on this site if I'm cleared to do so by my editor. He runs our site, magazine and radio show, so he's the ultimate authority on permissions. BUT, I have secured the rights to (once the season starts) take questions from hockey fans and solicit answers for them from team or league officials.

That all started with the discussion of LA sending Roenick back to Philly if they were outta playoff contention. Apparently you can't trade the same player twice in the same season between the same teams. So, if LA sends Roenick to PHI at the deadline, Roenick would become a millionaire spectator.

Cheers, and sorry if I came across harshly or confrontational. Was tuned into the ATL teleconference and was getting ever more angry about the trade.

Dan

"Richard"
    Its ok dan, its obvious you are upset. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, its good that you are passionate about hockey enough to go nuts on a website But seriously, can you answer some of my questions...

From ottawa next season, who is a UFA? Also, what is the deal with jagr? Why wouldn't WASH buy out there half of what is owed to jagr? I know they and NY are splitting the bill on him so would NY have had to buy him out as well? I thought I understood what was going on with him but lost. Also, how is it that The boolin wall gets such a huge contract and kirasoff gets half? These signing don't make much sense to me

Its ok dan, its obvious you are upset. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, its good that you are passionate about hockey enough to go nuts on a website But seriously, can you answer some of my questions...

From ottawa next season, who is a UFA? Also, what is the deal with jagr? Why wouldn't WASH buy out there half of what is owed to jagr? I know they and NY are splitting the bill on him so would NY have had to buy him out as well? I thought I understood what was going on with him but lost. Also, how is it that The boolin wall gets such a huge contract and kirasoff gets half? These signing don't make much sense to me
    Bulin was a top level NHL goalie for many years before winning the Cup last season. Kipper was third string in San Jose before they shipped him to Calgary (behind Nabokov and Vesa Toskala. Before he gets the big bucks, he'll have to achieve regularly for a while.

As for Jagr, I don't believe Washington is affected Cap-wise. I have asked this question of several officials and have yet to get a good answer. I don't see how a grandfathered contract could possibly affect them going forward, but then again this league ain't filled with rocket scientists. I'll ask Jagr's agent, although I doubt he'd know...

Maybe I'll try to get in touch with George McPhee or someone from the Caps' organization to see what I can find out for ya.

Dan

"Richard"
    thanks man, that would be much appreciated

thanks man, that would be much appreciated
    btw, Chara and Redden can both become UFA if they don't get contract extensions apparently...

Dan

"Richard"
    thanks, now Im confused again.

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Where did you see that there was a pick coming to Ottawa? Don Wadell in a teleconference made no mention of it.

Dan

My first post yesterday was this right after the Hossa contract was announced...

"Will they have to trade someone now? They are up around $38M in salaries with 22 players. No room to make a late season trade or to cover off injuries. Could DeVries be on the block?"

The post you refer wa sin response to Thotho

"Hossa and devrise for heatly and a first round pick next year? Does this sound like a rip off to anyone else? Sure it gets rid of the $6mil a year over the next three years but how much is heatly going to make on his new contract? I think it would work out better for ottawa since heatly is very scrapy and hossa is a pu55y. Anyway, just heard it on the radio thought I would let you kids know"

Without the draft pick, the trade becomes more marginal, but still makes a lot of economic sense.

Thread Information