CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

handicap software

Looks like the handicap services has been updated - hundereds of course have been added but Stonebridge has been dropped? Is this an oversight?
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I noticed that as well when I went to add my round from yesterday...

jhazelton

Kanata wasn't there either

Now sure if it was before or not.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    We installed the full RCGA Database of courses. I'll look into this.

In the meantime you can use Manual Entry to input the slope and rating from any course you play that is not already in the system.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4jag
    Looks like the handicap services has been updated - hundereds of course have been added but Stonebridge has been dropped? Is this an oversight?
    I do not see any of these courses, either at home (Windows XP) or at the office (Windows 98). Since the changes the ONLY way I can enter scores in through Manual Entry - clicking the Select Location button brings up nothing except Manual Entry.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    type in the first few letters in the box where it says manual entry...the courses will appear.....

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    type in the first few letters in the box where it says manual entry...the courses will appear.....
    Ahh, thank you. All is revealed.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Pretty slick eh! Every RCGA course in Canada and no messy lists to navigate!

There is an update coming this week that includes Kanata.

I found out that Stonebridge, and Eagle Creek are not RCGA members and therefore not in the database. We are looking into manualkly adding them in, but the RCGA may have issues with that, so use manual entry for now. We'll keep you posted.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I had a similar issue with the GAO public player course listing last year and when I checked they said that Stonebridge was an OVGA member course, and as such the course rating/slope were valid. I just checked and SB is still listed as a member.

Note sure about EC though since it is not listed.

I spoke today with both the GM at Stonebridge Peter Hale and the RCGA handicap and course rating chairman Matt McKay. SB is NOT a member of the RCGA this year, nor is Eagle Creek.
    They have no members so the benefits of membership in the RCGA are quite limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    I spoke today with both the GM at Stonebridge Peter Hale and the RCGA handicap and course rating chairman Matt McKay. SB is NOT a member of the RCGA this year, nor is Eagle Creek.
    They have no members so the benefits of membership in the RCGA are quite limited.
    Surprising position taken by the management for both Stonebridge and Eagle Creek, considering the following quote regarding membership by Public Play golf courses from the RCGA website (my bold):

Note: The benefits of membership in this category include access to course rating (such rating is to be maintained so long as the facility is a member in good standing), all services of the RCGA Green Section, the opportunity to play host to provincial and national championships, assistance on the Rules of Golf, all association communications and information, and so on.

Doesn't this mean that neither Stonebridge nor Eagle Creek can host any OVGA, QGA or RCGA events? I would think that would be worth the $1,000-$1,500 it costs to join for these two excellent facilities.

BTW, clubs cannot join the RCGA directly - they must join their provincial association and the province remits a portion of the fee to the RCGA. As a result, the RCGA is not always up-to-date on who their "members" are, since they depend totally on the provincial associations to provide them with this info.

Putter hfinch is on a distinguished road
    I play most of my golf at The Meadows which doesn't seem to be in this database either. I found it very convenient to use this software previously for games played there as all of the ratings and slopes for the various 18 hole combinationes were pre-loaded. Am I missing something here? If not any chance of getting the information for the course loaded?

I also played a game at the Chateau Cartier last Friday that I wasn't able to find. I loaded it as a manual entry.

Are these two courses also not CPGA members?

Chateau Cartier is available as Cartier.

I apologise for the missing courses, we have to conform to RCGA rules in order to have the certification.
    Manual entry covers all the missing courses.

Putter hfinch is on a distinguished road
    Thanks. I tried to re-enter my round from the Chateau Cartier and found a discrepancy between what their card says the slope and rating are versus what the software says. The card says 119 and 69.4 for the blues. The software gives me four choices for the blues:

Chateau Cartier Back - 123 and 35.6
    Chateau Cartier Front - 110 and 33.0
    Chteau Cartier 18 - 117 and 70.5
    Chteau Cartier Back - 117 and 35.25

I presume that the first two are the back and front nines. Not sure what the difference between the fourth and second entries are.

I assume that the third choice is the full course although not sure why it differs from what their card says. Which do you think are the official numbers: course card or software?

I really like this handicapping service but so far prefer the older version you had loaded.

Thanks for all your efforts.

This is the same data being used in RCGA certified software across the country.
    The database was downloaded from the RCGA 2 weeks ago. They have the only official numbers since they are the keepers of those numbers. If updates are needed it is up to the RCGA to do that and release an update. We are not allowed to modify them.

Please contact the course with questions regarding the discrepancy with the scorecards. It is possible that either the card or the RCGA database needs to be updated and the course management should see to it that it gets done.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Dan,

You should be able to add courses that are not in there. The handicap software at the club allows for that, and it's the official RCGA piece of crap!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

9 Iron left and gone is on a distinguished road
    I seem to be having the same challenge with Loch March and Le Diable. So would all the daily fee courses tend not to be in database?

Not nessesarily. We will likely be adding courses soon.
    In the meantime use the Manual Entry to input the slope and rating. It only takes a second.

5 Wood SIMMER is on a distinguished road SIMMER's Avatar
    As previously posted, I would also like to point to the fact that the ratings on the cards of several courses do not correspond with that of this handicapping system. The old system had the same ratings/slope as the cards.

As far as choosing which one to use; the manual entry or the pre-entered ratings, I'll just use the one that gives me a lower index.

Someone let us know what is going on with the distortions in the ratings cuz I'm too lazy to do it myself...

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    I have not been able to even get to the handicap system in 2 days.

As I said, these ratings are the current RCGA ratings. Scorecards may be out of date, or the database may be in error. I am not allowed to make changes to the rating numbers in the database.

Perhaps people could let us know which are diferent from the scorecards and I'll see what can be done through the RCGA

Pinshark, please describe what problem you are having getting into the system

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Could you please explain what the percentile column mean. Also the first 3 entries. Thanks.

Ranking Name Handicap Percentile
    1 RCGA3, +3.9 100%
    2 RCGA1, +2.8 100%
    3 RCGA8, +1 100%
    4 reinhart, dwight +0.6 100%
    5 Barbeau, Cody 0 99%
    6 Fagan, Shane 0.1 99%
    7 Bertrand, Martin 1.4 99%

The first 3 entries are test entries for the RCGA to test the software. They will be removed soon.

Percentile is how you rank expressed as a % compared to all others in the system.
    ie: If you are a scratch player like Mr Cody Barbeau 99% of golfers are behind you in the rankings. If you are a 16.2 like me, you'd be in the 52 Percentile, middle of the pack. That's easier than trying to figure "I'm 307th of 637 golfers"

We will add a help button ASAP. In the meantime..

Selecting a Course

· Type the name of the course played in the Select Location text box

· A list of possible matches pops up and gets shorter as you type Use the arrows to scroll through the list if you prefer.

· If no match is found at first, try a variation ie Chateau Cartier is in the system as Cartier

· If a match is still not found click on Manual Entry to input the slope and rating from any course you play

Entering a Round

Course Found

· Select the routing combo for the course in the Course text box (ie South-Central 18 holes)

· Select the Tees you played

· Type or select the date of your game from the calendar

· Enter your Adjusted Score

· If the game was a competitive tournament round Check the Tournament box.

Manual Entry

· Type or select the date of your game from the calendar

· Locate the Slope and Rating on the scorecard for the tees that you played and input them into the text boxes provided

· Enter your Enter your Adjusted Score

· If the game was a competitive tournament round Check the Tournament box.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Pretty cool software. I was in Baie St-paul couple weeks back. Found the course in the software.The slope is 126 from the blue tips on the score card. They did not have a rating on the scorecard though. Will the software eventually save your user id and password?

Development is ongoing. Not sure when we will see that, but it's on the (long) list.

As I said, these ratings are the current RCGA ratings. Scorecards may be out of date, or the database may be in error. I am not allowed to make changes to the rating numbers in the database.

Perhaps people could let us know which are diferent from the scorecards and I'll see what can be done through the RCGA

Pinshark, please describe what problem you are having getting into the system
    I click the link and I get

Server Error in '/' Application.

Which link are you refering to?

Which link are you refering to?

The one right under Book Tee TImes......doesnt matter if I try from the main page or from in the forum for example. Also I cannot get to the forum except from the jokes link. Thanks.

I figured it out!!!! Finally, I was going to ottawagolf.ca and certain links do not work but if I go to ottawagolf.COM Everything works just fine. Need a computer guy to figure that one out.

Thread Information