CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar

Heavier headed ladies irons

Hi there, I am considering buying new clubs but generally find that the ladies clubs feel too light, I can't really feel the head. But the mens clubs, me being a very small woman , of course are too long and shortening them would change the weight anyway, are there any clubs that you would recommend that have a heavier head, swingweight. I was looking at callaway or ping, can these be ordered with a heavier swingweight and if so how could I determine what would work well for me. I don't really like the idea of plastering added metal tape to them. thanks in advance. Oh and I am just a year into golf. if that matters at all.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I'm not sure about Pings/Callaways in custom weights however many of the component clubheads have weight ports in the hosel to add weight as desired/required.

Any good clubmaker can probably build you a set that will fit your desired weight / length preference. It is possible to do that with Pings/Callaways, but will be a little more effort since they will need to pull the shafts to add weight to the tip and doing it that way gives you less options.
    Last edited by jvincent; 08-07-2005 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Noticed a typo.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent
    I'm not sure about Pings/Callaways in custome weights however many of the component clubheads have weight ports in the hosel to add weight as desired/required.

Any good clubmaker can probably build you a set that will fit your desired weight / length preference.
    Very true. All Wishon irons have weight ports in their hosel and Wishon sells tungsten plugs(4g and 9g, I think) that will make the head heavier pre-assembly. If steel shafts are going to be used then even more weight can be added. You don't have to spend a small fortune at a retailer to get what you feel you need.

Do Wishon clubs have a more forgiving club, like the callaways pings etc? I was particularly looking at those because of the ratings but would be happy to have something that just works well. I do see that the majority of people on the site use brand name clubs.

OH and thankyou for your quick replies.
    Is golfwerks the place for Wishon? and where would you recommend that I should get properly fitted for this?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Wishon is only sold direct or through clubmakers. Golfworks carries the Maltby line of clubheads.

There are a few clubmakers in town who carry the Wishon heads.

I know BCMist plays the irons, and as of tomorrow evening sometime, my bag will be pretty much all Wishon, woods and irons.

Thread Information