100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    4 Iron wantobegolfer is on a distinguished road wantobegolfer's Avatar

Quit writing your initials or whatever on your ball please...lol

Dont you just hate finding a perfectly good Titliest pro v-1, ruined, with someones initials or balance line in bold black marker on it?... . Where as this practice started, I want it stopped...... lol. Cheapos/duffers like myself, rely on finding lost balls to stock up on our pro v-1's...

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Wasnt mine. I use blue marker
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wantobegolfer
    Dont you just hate finding a perfectly good Titliest pro v-1, ruined, with someones initials or balance line in bold black marker on it?... . Where as this practice started, I want it stopped...... lol. Cheapos/duffers like myself, rely on finding lost balls to stock up on our pro v-1's...
    Well if you are cheap and want to play those found Pro V's then you have to put up with someones marks that he put on it Either that or play Top Rocks And I know you won't find any of my balls up your way. I can't hit em that farPlus I don't put a line or initials on mine!

Hey I once found a nice new Strata with little flowers drawn on it. I thought Duffy Waldorf had been at my course. Came to find out from the gentleman that lost it, his son bought him a dozen balls for Xmas. Took the time to draw little flowers on every ball! How embarassing would that be?
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Could you not use a white or clear marker Steve?...

Agent99

Flower Power

I used to mark my Strata’s with little red hearts :readheart (for good karma), but I got a bunch of new ones that already come with red swirls on them. Hey, maybe I'll turn them into flowers! Thanks GB!

Agent 99, ...I guess flowers are ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 99
    I used to mark my Strata’s with little red hearts :readheart (for good karma), but I got a bunch of new ones that already come with red swirls on them. Hey, maybe I'll turn them into flowers! Thanks GB!

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    The marks on my balls usually reflect to my feelings when I lost them..... Unfortunately, I can't post what I write on my balls here.

Anyhow, if anyone finds one of mine, they'll know where it came from.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wantobegolfer
    While I don't play Pro V-1's, I always mark my ball. There's nothing worse than finding some duffer wandering into my fairway and appearing to take several moments to figure out it's NOT their ball. With my marks, NOBODY can mistake my ball for theirs. (Same thing goes if *I* hit my ball into someone else's fairway )

I don't want to get nailed with a penalty for not being able to identify my ball in the unlikely event I hit mine next to someone else's - same brand and type...

My royal apologies to everyone if my inadvertantly discarded golf balls don't meet their standards!

Besides... I thought that everyone should be marking their ball in one way or another... am I wrong?!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mmason31
    While I don't play Pro V-1's, I always mark my ball. There's nothing worse than finding some duffer wandering into my fairway and appearing to take several moments to figure out it's NOT their ball. With my marks, NOBODY can mistake my ball for theirs. (Same thing goes if *I* hit my ball into someone else's fairway )

I don't want to get nailed with a penalty for not being able to identify my ball in the unlikely event I hit mine next to someone else's - same brand and type...

My royal apologies to everyone if my inadvertantly discarded golf balls don't meet their standards!

Besides... I thought that everyone should be marking their ball in one way or another... am I wrong?!
    No you are 100% right on the need to mark your ball so you can identify it. I bet there is not a pro on any tour that does not put some sort of marking on his/her ball. Just the smart thing to do.
    I laughed about you mentioning the hacks wondering over into your fairway and hitting your ball. I have had that happen even when my ball was marked. I chased a clown down who did that once, asked him how he marked his ball. He said he didn't. I then asked "Why did you hit a ball with 3 black dots showing on it then?" He said "Cause I wanted that ball" I could have strangled him!

MARK EM BOYS AND GIRLS.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

9 Iron westbeach is on a distinguished road
    Sorry Golfbum...I ran out of balls and was desperate.

Ty Webb

Colby

Actually found a ball on the weekend with "colby" stamped on it.

Mayday
    Since Pro-V1s are so expensive
    cant we write "If found please return to " on them .

Waddya think.

3 Iron donh is on a distinguished road donh's Avatar

Now, That's funny. While sitting here, I'm drawn back to the "VISA" commercial (you know.. if life were like that?) about the luggage that gets lost -- then miraculously autopilot's its way home -- proV's should have this item...

Cheers --
    Thanks for the screen-time.

Thread Information