CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar

2024 Early Openings

Got an email from Calabogie / Pakenham a couple of days ago. Here's what they are hoping for ..... cut and pasted directly from the email ...

The weather is pushing for an early start to the 2024 season and so are we. If the pattern holds our plan is to open Calabogie for St. Paddy's Day!!! Hopefully the Luck O' the Irish is with us.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Lob Wedge DJC is on a distinguished road
    Still golfing in Florida, but noticed Crooked Creek opened on March 7th and Cedar Glen is also open now.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Moderators: Any updates on the Spring Opening page upcoming?

Sand Wedge golferwilliam is on a distinguished road
    Crooked Creek GC in Athens is open for the season. They opened on March 7th. Conditions are good as well. Phone number is 613-790-4813

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Moderators: Any updates on the Spring Opening page upcoming?
    I think they stopped creating that section. Flagstick has one.

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar
    Members are encouraged to post early opening in this thread, thank you.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    is Pakenham opening this week?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    From their email:

Starting tomorrow (12 March), the Calabogie Major's 9 and General's 18 will be open to all for play with power carts! Temporary greens on the General's #9 and #15.

Pakenham will also be opening our Lake 9-hole course for members only tomorrow and to the public starting Wednesday! Walking only until further notice.

Both courses will stay open until the weatherman thinks we have had enough fun.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Thanks for the update.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

I predict a huge amount of golfers at Pakenham tomorrow and Thursday!
    Lefty Lucas

I have my tee time on tomorrow
    Lefty Lucas

Played Pakenham today, a little wet but greens were decent, great first round of the season
    Lefty Lucas

Sand Wedge 4Right is on a distinguished road
    Played calabogie on Tuesday. Shockingly dry. They even have carts out. Two temp greens and the others are still recovering from the fall punch.

Gap Wedge The Enigma is on a distinguished road
    Mapleview today was great... very dry... greens a little slow but decent!!!
    carts were out

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Played Cedar Glen this afternoon. First hole was very wet with lots of puddles, but the rest of the course was much better with only a few wet spots. Greens were a little slow but that is normal for this time of year.

Played Dragonfly on March 15th..opening day. Course was in very nice condition. Not wet with only #9 being cart path only. all 18 greens were impressive for this time of year. Kudos to the maintenance staff at Dragonfly for providing a lovely start to the 2024 season.

Putter Tundra005 is on a distinguished road
    Nation is opening Friday April 5th.

Pine View Golf Course April 5

Officials report that the 36-hole full-service facility will open the 2024 outdoor season on April 5.

Golfers can book tee-times online at https://www.pineview.com/

Lob Wedge Morgan585 is on a distinguished road
    I played Champlain, Tues. April 2 and it was the driest ever for this time of year, greens were decent but fairways the same a usual -- not much there. Casselview had opened over the Easter weekend and is expected to reopen this week, was apparently nice there. No others to report from my end.

Prescott opened today. Excellent conditions with only a few spongy spots here and there. Best spring conditions I have seen in a long time - the greens were amazing!

As an added bonus I brought glasses for the eclipse, as the course was in the "path of totality". Very cool! (and yes, the temperature was noticeably cooler for about 30 minutes). Even with the 15 minute break for the eclipse, we finished in 4 and half hours on a very busy course.

Perth Golf Opening
    Tuesday April 16

Played Manderley today. A few wet spots but mostly dry. Greens were in great shape but a little shaggy and slow. No water in the ball washers though.

3 Wood Jasonreg is on a distinguished road
    Played The Marshes today (open to public today). Beautiful day and Course was in much better shape than I expected with only a very few wet areas in the obvious low lying areas. Greens were a bit shaggy and still showing minor signs of last falls punching but again in pretty decent shape for 9 April! Bunkers still being worked on but the first 12 or so holes have fresh sand in most bunkers. Overall good experience.

BUT - Beware the food & beverage prices ..... cup of coffee $4.50. Sandwich $15.50 ..... and when we came in at 2:45 the kitchen had already called "last call". Enjoyed the golf but will be eating off site for sure.

Casselview in pretty decent shape, played last week and the greens still showing last year's punching but rolled well and were not shaggy, probably be in great shape this week.
    Lefty Lucas

Stittsville was in very nice shape. Fairways were fairly dry for the most part with some wet spots here and there as well as some spongy spots. Greens were rolling very well... quicker than expected.

5 Wood gdwlkspld is on a distinguished road
    Renfrew G.C. is planning on opening this weekend for members only and planning on accepting greens fee players starting on Monday.

Tee times cannot be booked before 9:00 p.m. on Friday night.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Buckingham is opening up Tuesday the 16th

Meadows opens April 16

The Meadows Golf & Country Club.
    Our opening day will be Tuesday April 16th.
    We will be opening 18 Holes and the driving range.

Tee times will go live at 9am on Thursday April 11th.

Over the off season we switched tee sheet providers to
    Tee-On (www.tee-on.com).

All passholders usernames have been sent out. If you have not received it, please email dave@themeadowsgolf.ca to have a new link sent to you.

Please do not create a new account if you haven’t received or forgot your profile information. Everyone has a profile created in our booking system, multiple accounts only cause confusion and can create errors in your future bookings.

To book a Tee Time please visit our website (www.themeadowsgolf.ca) and click Book Tee Times.

If you are a pass holder, please click Members Enter Here and follow the next steps.

If you are a public player, please click Public Enter Here and follow the next steps.

We look forward to seeing you all back at The Meadows for the 2024 Golf Season.
    Last edited by MikeRaganold; 04-19-2024 at 07:02 PM.

Lob Wedge Le sorcier is on a distinguished road

Course opening Le Sorcier Wed April 17

L’OUVERTURE officielle du parcours! #Saison2024
    Cette dernière se déroulera mercredi prochain, 17 avril 2024, dès 7h30. Nous vous demandons de faire vos RÉSERVATIONS en ligne sur la plateforme ChronoGolf dès maintenant et ce jusqu'à dimanche le 14 avril. https://www.chronogolf.ma/admin#/clubs/4/teesheets
    📞 — Notre personnel de la boutique de golf sera en fonction à compter de lundi, 14 avril, et ce, de 9h00 à 15h00, pour prendre les APPELS. Il nous fera également plaisir de répondre à vos QUESTIONS, si tel est le cas.
    📢 — Nous vous SOUHAITONS une excellente saison 2024 remplie de trous d’un coup, de bonnes bières rafraichissantes et… De beaucoup de rayons de soleil. Au plaisir de vous croiser sur le terrain!
    The official OPENING of the course! #Saison2024
    This will take place next Wednesday, April 17, 2024, starting at 7:30 am. We ask you to make your RESERVATIONS online on the ChronoGolf platform from now until Sunday, April 14.
    https://www.chronogolf.ma/admin#/clubs/4/teesheets
    📞 - Our golf store staff will be on duty from Monday, April 14, and this, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, to take CALLERS. We'll also be happy to answer any QUESTIONS you may have.
    📢 - WISH YOU a great 2024 season filled with holes-in-one, refreshing beers and... lots of sunshine. We look forward to seeing you on the course!
    Last edited by MikeRaganold; 04-12-2024 at 10:24 AM.

Putter JDoy16 is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone played nation this year? Is the reno of Hole 16 green complete and the hole being played?

Thread Information