100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aeration

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar

Aeration

Why is it so difficult for some courses to give a heads up on aeration..Dragonfly always has it up.on their website kudos to them..however I called Pakenham and a clueless employee did not know if they were doing them this week
    .I have a tee time Wednesday and don't like surprises when I show up.
    Anyone know?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yes, very frustrating, another example of where customer service could be improved by many courses. A heads up on their webpage and a clear warning to those who call in to play would be great.

Unfortunately it is not the norm so we must call in and ask and with most courses offering online booking it's another step we must take at this time of year to make sure we get what we pay for.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Sand Wedge 4Right is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Yes, very frustrating, another example of where customer service could be improved by many courses. A heads up on their webpage and a clear warning to those who call in to play would be great.

Unfortunately it is not the norm so we must call in and ask and with most courses offering online booking it's another step we must take at this time of year to make sure we get what we pay for.

With the online booking systems, updating a custom msg to display before booking would take 30 seconds to setup. Yes, some courses may not know how to use this system well enough but that only shows how little they care about the odd dissatisfied customer.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    We all know that it's the time of year for aeration so It's best to call them when booking. - Enjoy the last few games left on the season.

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Why is it so difficult for some courses to give a heads up on aeration..Dragonfly always has it up.on their website kudos to them..however I called Pakenham and a clueless employee did not know if they were doing them this week
    .I have a tee time Wednesday and don't like surprises when I show up.
    Anyone know?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Funny thing, I am playing Casselview Thursday so I called them today to see if they have or wil be aerating their greens. The young lady in the pro shop had absolutely no idea of what I was talking about and could not find anyone who could answer the question.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Just played there today cause in great shape, greens real good and fast.
    scrollerpete

Thanks, I just called and today they confirmed the greens will not be done today or tomorrow
    Lefty Lucas

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Thanks, I just called and today they confirmed the greens will not be done today or tomorrow
    They already done it 3/4 weeks ago

Thanks Denis,glad to hear.
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information