100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Philly

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Philly

Looks like Philly is loading up! With their two rookies from the OHL, Carter and Richards and the latest signings they could be a power house. If they can find a really good goalie they might be a contender.

"Philadelphia Flyers sign defenceman Derian Hatcher, Mike Rathje and Chris Therien. Re-sign winger Jon Sim. Trade defenceman Danny Markov to the Nashville Predators for third-round pick in 2006."
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    with the addition of Forsberg, Bobby Clarke has put Philly in great position to make a cup run...on paper they seem like the team to beat in the east. The speculation is the Roenick will be the one headed out the door in order to make cap room. If Ottawa wants to make an impact in the free agent market, there's no better place than with a veteran like Roenick. I - for years - have been of the opinion that in order to become a true contender the Sens need to pick up one or two solid, bruising, goal scoring, north american, power forwards. Besides, what could be sweeter than beating the flyers in the conference finals with Roenick leading the way.

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    Looks like Roenick may be staying in Philly. Rumor has it that the Philly-LA-Phx deal fell through. Philly could be out to move another big name... Gagne?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Too bad the LA-Philly deal for Roenick fell through. LA would've been a good fit for Roenick. He is flashy and flamboyant, where else in the NHL would a guy with the nickname "Styles" fit in any better. And as for Roenick coming to Ottawa....it wouldn't be a good fit. Ottawa is a team first philosophy organization. Roenick is more of an individual. Although a good player, I think he could become more of a distraction (the way he speaks out on hot topics) than a benefit to the team.
    Now Gagne?....that could be a player to pursue

I am a huge Philly fan and would rather see Gagne go than Roenick. Although Styles is flashy and a bit offside with his comments, he always gives his all everytime he is on the ice. I can't say that about Gagne... He would be a great fit with Ottawa

Done deal... Roenick is a King

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132419

Thread Information