100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Played Oakes of Cobden yesterday, course in excellent shape, greens were very smooth and FAST, the only straight puts were 12” front the hole.
    scrollerpete

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Course Update
    As most of you know, tonight we had a tornado touch down on the golf course. We are very thankful and grateful that everyone is safe. Unfortunately, we did suffer major tree damage on Falcon Ridge.
    We will be reassessing damages in the morning. Falcon will most likely be closed all day to allow for clean up and maintenance Please check our social media for updates on re-opening or call into the pro-shop, only if you have a tee-time!
    Raceview did not suffer as much tree damage, so we are hoping to have it operational in the morning.
    Stay safe!
    Falcon Ridge Management

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Turned a big construction trailer over across the street from me and damaged some roofs close by
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Course Update
    As most of you know, tonight we had a tornado touch down on the golf course. We are very thankful and grateful that everyone is safe. Unfortunately, we did suffer major tree damage on Falcon Ridge.
    We will be reassessing damages in the morning. Falcon will most likely be closed all day to allow for clean up and maintenance Please check our social media for updates on re-opening or call into the pro-shop, only if you have a tee-time!
    Raceview did not suffer as much tree damage, so we are hoping to have it operational in the morning.
    Stay safe!
    Falcon Ridge Management
    Yikes !!!!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Played Heritage today and it was in teribble condition. It rained hard there yesterday and fairways and sand traps where just flooded. Cart paths at some places where washed away. Its gonna need some TLC.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    The Marshes greens are not in good shape after the aeration last week. Looks like they need a lot more sand than what is on them now because a lot of the holes are not filled and deep. A long way to go before they get in the condition they were in prior to the aeration. Does anyone know why they seem to aerate more than other courses in the area?

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    The Marshes greens are not in good shape after the aeration last week. Looks like they need a lot more sand than what is on them now because a lot of the holes are not filled and deep. A long way to go before they get in the condition they were in prior to the aeration. Does anyone know why they seem to aerate more than other courses in the area?

I’ve always wondered this as well. Every time I play that course, the greens are just punched and sandy. It seems they do it a lot more than other courses. Maybe they have compacted soil?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Played Heritage today and it was in teribble condition. It rained hard there yesterday and fairways and sand traps where just flooded. Cart paths at some places where washed away. Its gonna need some TLC.
    Heritage near Cornwall or near Montebello? Just drove past Heritage outside Montebello on our way to Tremblant and it look mint from the road.

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Heritage near Cornwall or near Montebello? Just drove past Heritage outside Montebello on our way to Tremblant and it look mint from the road.
    Near Montebello buddy. It looks nice from the road but its soaked and was almost unplayable yesterday

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Firstly, sorry to see the pictures from Falcon Ridge. We lived that life at Hunt last year and it sucked. Thankfully this year we only had one course closure following the same storm. Hopefully things are cleaned up soon and play can resume shortly.

Regarding reviews on this forum I wouldn’t put too much into it. Point of reference and/or bias will largely shape any comments so take them with a grain of salt. If the green fee is less then $40 your expectations should be minimal, at best. When you are paying $150 or more for 18 exclusive of cart you can adjust to something much loftier. Sliding scale in between.

Played Loch March today and have to say that the course is in very nice condition. Greens are fast and pristine. 15 Green has improved since the redesign last year and is coming along nicely albeit not quite as nice as the others. As enjoyable as the course was to play, the bugs and mosquitoes were horrendous. No amount of bug repellant can save you from getting eaten alive. Maybe time to import some dragonflies again to control the bugs....needless to say I will think twice about booking a round there in the near future.

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    Anyone play Port Hope lately? Looking to play it Sunday.

3 Wood Jasonreg is on a distinguished road
    Playing eQuinelle Sat. Should we take carts or is it walkable? First time there.

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    Take a cart. Very hilly !

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonreg View Post
    Playing eQuinelle Sat. Should we take carts or is it walkable? First time there.
    Easy to walk if your a walker.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by TLB View Post
    Equinelle??? It has been a few years since I played there, but I can't think of a single hill on the course.

Equinelle is an easy and enjoyable walk...very flat with no elevation

3 Wood Jasonreg is on a distinguished road
    Thanks folks. Walking it is.

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    "Take a cart. Very hilly !"

Sorry ... a brain f@@t on my part. For some reason I was thinking of Smugglers.

Gap Wedge Steerpike is on a distinguished road
    Anyone played Le Geant recently? Is the conditioning back to pre-pandemic standards? In short is it still worth the drive from Ottawa?

Didn’t play that one but just came back from Tremblant. In general, conditions are not worth the drive. It’s been a tough summer for all courses and in the mountains they always seem to struggle. Now the layouts are worth the drive!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Didn’t play that one but just came back from Tremblant. In general, conditions are not worth the drive. It’s been a tough summer for all courses and in the mountains they always seem to struggle. Now the layouts are worth the drive!
    This summer has been awesome for growing grass , any course I've played in Ottawa or the valley have been in great shape.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

This summer has been awesome for growing grass , any course I've played in Ottawa or the valley have been in great shape.
    I agree 100%. Course conditions have been amazing. Greens have been excellent at Renfrew, Perth, Whitetail, Greensmere, Upper Canada and especially quick at Prescott., just to name a few. We have had a very good season so far....now only if the game was in good a shape....

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Mississippi, AMAZING
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Mississippi, AMAZING
    The conditions at the Miss have been great this year. A little heads up, they're aerating the greens next Monday (28 Aug).
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Played Canadian west on the weekend , the course is in nice shape but we had a brutally slow round, close to 5 hours. On top of the slow play I was disappointed with the significant number of unrepaired ball marks on greens, I was fixing 3-4 every green and left many behind. In talking to a marshall he did concur that they had recently hosted a couple of tournaments but also said that many folks today just blow off divot repair , raking bunkers and fixing ball marks. It pisses me off that people feel so entitled.

Sand Wedge 4Right is on a distinguished road
    I don’t love Manderley but the conditions are better than ever. Still many issues but big time improvement from last year. Was especially nice just before and after the sun scramble stop there.
    Renew is amazing and if you’re up there, a round at Whitetail won’t disappoint. A little overpriced but still great value compared to local prices.

Sand Wedge 4Right is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Right View Post
    I don’t love Manderley but the conditions are better than ever. Still many issues but big time improvement from last year. Was especially nice just before and after the sun scramble stop there.
    Renew is amazing and if you’re up there, a round at Whitetail won’t disappoint. A little overpriced but still great value compared to local prices.
    I would note Manderley has been especially slow the last few weeks and the bugs are still really bad later in the day.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Anyone play Tecumseh lately
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TLB View Post
    It's not hilly at all

Thread Information