100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Meadows is in very good shape. Their greens are back to Meadows speeds however, much slower than they were a month ago.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Meadows is in very good shape. Their greens are back to Meadows speeds however, much slower than they were a month ago.
    Not near as slow as the Meadows of old (velcro greens ),but a bit hairier than a few weeks ago
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    What happened at Sorcier ?? Fairways as hard as rock---t-boxes terrible---high rough--greens uncut ???? Not worth 80.00 plus the ferry--JMHO
    Greens have always been slow (high cut), and they have little to no water for irrigation on the course... In my opinion....

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I know, the green speeds were awesome at the beginning of the year, it was great...now they are slower, practice green is much faster than the actual greens... still in good shape...

Putter BaadDawg is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    What happened at Sorcier ?? Fairways as hard as rock---t-boxes terrible---high rough--greens uncut ???? Not worth 80.00 plus the ferry--JMHO
    I played Sorcier yesterday for the 1st time this year.

It was drizzling all morning so there was moisture on the greens.

These were the slowest greens I have ever played on.

The tee boxes are hard as rocks and full of divot holes making it difficult to find a level spot to hit from.

It is a fun course though.

Kind of a shame the greens are so slow.

Has anyone played Mont Ste. Marie lately?

I haven't played there for years but I always liked that course.

Pitching Wedge pwoods72 is on a distinguished road
    Played Mont St. Marie on Saturday and the course was in great shape but the greens are very slow which is typical for them but still excellent condition.

Played Cascades yesterday and greens are excellent with plenty of speed. They are also re-sodding several white tee boxes which is great news and badly needed. They moved the white blocks closer to the blues and a couple to the reds which adds some different looks and yardages.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    As usual, Nation is in immaculate condition tee to green. A few holes are still recovering from the small punch but they are still rolling very nice though. Checking in is now at the bar (door at the parking lot) as they are fixing up the pro shop I think. Starting hole is #7 for now.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Played Montebello and was dissapointed. First off, bunkers, rocks and more rocks. Fairways where just okey, greens where just okey, not fast enough to my liking. Overall condition of cart pats is simply not up to par for a course that charges 90.00+ right now. A lot of the steps going up to tee boxes would need attention. I wont be going back and its too bad cause it used to be one of our favs.

Marshes was in great shape. I believe they are starting aerating next week.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Played Montebello and was dissapointed. First off, bunkers, rocks and more rocks. Fairways where just okey, greens where just okey, not fast enough to my liking. Overall condition of cart pats is simply not up to par for a course that charges 90.00+ right now. A lot of the steps going up to tee boxes would need attention. I wont be going back and its too bad cause it used to be one of our favs.
    Super sad. We played last year and it was horrible. The whole resort needs to be sold to someone who will give it some love.

Anyone ever play Summer Heights? I’m going to a wedding end of the month and I was going to sneak a round in and this seems to be the closest. I’ve never heard of it but I’d be curious on the conditions.

Gap Wedge The Enigma is on a distinguished road
    Summer Heights
    two 18's
    very well maintained
    challenging and fun layouts

Summerheights is one of my favorites these days.

Played Meadows yesterday. Had only played there once close to the season opener.

It was in great shape with the best greens I have played this year. Early Spring it wasn't very nice, now it's great.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    The Oaks of Cobden & Dragonfly are in excellent shape , worth a trip to the Valley

Quote Originally Posted by The Enigma View Post
    Summer Heights
    two 18's
    very well maintained
    challenging and fun layouts
    Have a preference between the two 18’s?

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    dbleder would recommend the original 18. This is the one you see when driving in not the one that is near the 401. I think it is hole number 11 a long par 3 we always play it as a two putt green because green as to much slope like the old Nation 16. Good luck and post a review.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Renfrew is in excellent shape

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Played Summerheight a few times---well worth the drive at todays prices for other courses. Makes you really wonder where all the $$$ is going on these 80.00 and 90.00 courses ?????? I'll drive to the country anytime
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Have a preference between the two 18’s?
    I always play MacLennan. Supposed to be a bit more difficult. The other 18 is probably also very nice.

Played Loch March this morning. Course is in good shape from tee to green. Bunkers are bare and mainly rocks but the bugs! It was unplayable with the bugs. I think we played in about 3 hours walking and that’s because we just didn’t care about golf anymore. Thought we’d need blood transfusions at the end of the round. I’ve never see bugs like that on a golf course.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Played Loch March this morning. Course is in good shape from tee to green. Bunkers are bare and mainly rocks but the bugs! It was unplayable with the bugs. I think we played in about 3 hours walking and that’s because we just didn’t care about golf anymore. Thought we’d need blood transfusions at the end of the round. I’ve never see bugs like that on a golf course.
    Thanks buddy for letting us know about the bugs. Will stay clear until later on in the year.

Played Smugglers on Wednesday, course was mint and greens were super fast. We were in a tournament, so they were cut and maybe rolled that morning.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Played equinelle on Thursday. Immaculate conditions from tee to greens.

Played the Marshes on Tuesday, course is in great shape , but greens were a little slow and very bumpy from alot of traffic and soft playing conditions

Gap Wedge The Enigma is on a distinguished road
    The change in management at Stittsville and Lombard has produced the best playing conditions I've ever seen at these two courses...
    Defiantly the best in 10+ years

Pitching Wedge Budapest is on a distinguished road
    Greens were cored Wednesday at Marshes.
    Big holes.Not the needle system.
    Most yet to be top dressed with sand.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Rockland punching and sanding the south course yesterday. Doing the west/East course on Monday

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Renfrew is in fantastic shape. Greens are very fast, rough is thick and punishing. Some tee boxes on the white tee blocks a bit spotty, but no issues from the back tees. Great pace of play as well .

5 Wood gdwlkspld is on a distinguished road
    Koko:

Couldn't agree more!

Anyone play in the Tremblant area lately? Looking to play Arundel and La Bête.

Thread Information